Connect VIM3 to WiFi without any accessories

Which Khadas SBC do you use?

VIM 3

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

20.04, Khadas official

Hi,

Here is a little info on a project: VIM3 is used in a device and powered using the 4 pin Molex connector, and is programed to boot at start up. The VIM 3 is controls some relays using the 40 pin header. Since it will be placed inside a device there will be no access to the HDMI port and USB ports. May I know if there is a way to connect the VIM3 to a network via WiFi without using a HDMI monitor or an USB mouse or keyboard and also be able to take the device to another place be able to setup the WiFi at another place.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Hello @Balaji

Do you want to connect the fixed Wi-Fi hotspot? If so you may customize the image with Fenix and preconfig the Wi-Fi information.

Hi numbqq,

I would like to get the VIM3 connected to the internet using WiFi not a fixed hotspot. Is it possible to connect the VIM3 to WiFi if I know the IP address of the VIM3?

For example, the VIM3 is powered on using a power supply and is running a program. I connect to the IP address of the VIM3 on my laptop by typing it and login to the WiFi SSID and password using the webpage accessed on my laptop (a custom page that I create) to connect the VIM3 on the internet network.

Would something like this be possible from a hardware standpoint?

Thank you

Does the VIM3 have a WiFi hotspot?

https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/vim3/applications/wifi-sta-ap-mode

1 Like