Computer vision project

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas

Please describe your issue below:

Ive gone through the motions of updating ubuntu, python and installed opencv-contrib-python onto the os.

I’m currently looking for a way to test and compile datasets for the computer vision project I have. How do i access opencv?Does anyone have experience in this?

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**

Which platform are you using ? If you are using python, perhaps you need to install the necessary package:

$ sudo apt install libopencv-dev python3-opencv

inside python instance you can import and check

import cv2

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. :pray:t5::pray:t5:. Im assuming i have a lot of data to save to the computer as well. I have a large external hard-drive I’d like to save python and opencv with the data all this an I alter the path which the terminal saves these installs? Thank you

Could you clarify your question ? what do you mean by “which the terminal saves these installs”

1 Like

My apologies, When I install something from the terminal, I want it saved to the external hard-drive. Is there a way to tell the terminal where to install or save something?

It will depend on your download media, if you believe the onboard storage is not enough for your purposes, you can boot from external medium also.

just flash the external medium with the linux image and you can boot from it.

1 Like

Perhaps doing that would be better? Ive been experiencing some very slow load times with my browser and system since downloading those aforementioned files. I would rather have the os on the computer and all files downloaded from either the terminal or other means to be saved on that hardrive. Can that be done?

Please note:

VIM1S has only USB 2.0 ports, using any kind of external disk will result in very slow performance.

Onboard eMMC is the fastest, followed by microSD card storage and at slowest is external USB disks.

Mixing the boot partition and root partition can be done, you need to make sure on boot you are selecting the external disk partition with the right UUID.

again please make note of the previous statement about disk speeds.

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you i believe i understand that if i want those datasets saved to the hardrive the load time will be slower than if it was saved to the emmc or an sd card.