Can not get VIM3 into upgrade mode

Hello @Spikerguy

I see POC:D which means maskrom mode but there is not sign on burning tool.

Why you can’t POC:D before? What you changed now?

What do you think, maybe something with an sd-slot?

I checked tst mode uart this time before I didn’t check Uart for TST mode.
Also this time I tried M Register with power on instead is reset button.
In both the away case I get POC:D but nothing in burning tool.

Do you also have RK burn tool installed on the same PC? I recall
I have had issues when they were both installed. I removed RK tool. Removed and reinstalled the AML USB burning tool to resolve the issue.

Realizing you are well ahead of me technically on this, I will stop taking these “shots in the dark”. :grin:

No I don’t have rktools.

Nothing like that, its always helpful to get support.

Thanks for the reply though.

Anything else I can do?

Is there any way to test the usb c connector? @numbqq @Gouwa

if u have tester u can test usb data pins -+D - cut some usb cable and make simple test

LED signal comes from it,if it did not work, I think the LED did not give any signal at all

I will let our guys contact you for a solution.

1 Like

Hello
I tag along this thread because I’m trying to do the very same thing with my VIM3/PRO board without getting connected to the Aml_USB_Burn_Tool_v3.1.0 running on my PC.
I tried the TST mode and the Keys mode without success. The Burning tool does not show up the connected status. The USB cable is ok and carries data.

I attach photo showing the revision of my board, that I’ve got a few days ago. Thank you for any help
Bregards
Marco

Just forgot to mention that the board is functional, it correctly boots the factory Android on eMMC working apparently fine.

Hello, I assume you meant USB Burning Tool 2.2.0.

I see. For some reasons I installed the v3.1.0 instead, maybe since it is the latest available. Replaced the wrong version with 2.2.0 and it instantly worked. Sorry for this mishap.

Many thanks so far.
Marco
PS: What the latest 3.1.0 is good for then?

Where is 3.1.0? I hope you’re not talking about rk burning tool.

Sorry again, I am mostly unaware of so many “red herrings” that I could come across. My 3.1.0 was taken according the below picture

Thanks

Yes, like Spikerguy said, where do you get the 3.1.0 and by what name is the tool?
After a quick search, I found 3.1.0 on a site. I am not familiar with it, but Spikerguy tested it and believed it to be a fake app and that’s good enough for me, so I removed the link.
For Khadas products, might be a good idea to use DL.Khadas.com to get the tools, as I assume Khadas will keep the best version for their SBCs there.

EDIT. Haha, I must have been writing as you posted. :grin:

Anyway, glad you got it going.

Post has been edited.

1 Like

Got it, so many thanks :upside_down_face:
Cheers, Marco

I thought maybe the latest 3.1.0 can help me detect my board but looks like is is a fake application which cannot even detect my vim1 and it also have some dll error when running the app.

So again I am back with a bricked Vim3 :cry: Hopefully I can return it for replacement.

That is unfortunate. I have removed the link to avoid any further possible funny business with the fake app.
I was somewhat skeptical of the version number, still have a lot of version 2.x.x to get to before we see a version 3.x.x. :grin:
Hope you get the issue resolved.

Is there anyway I can erase the uboot?

@Frank @numbqq ?

I think If I can remove the existing uboot then maybe I should be able to get device into upgrade mode or atleast make it boot from sd into krescue?

I just tried erasing the emmc using the key mode method mentioned here

But that doesn’t do anything.