Can connect ssd without expansion card

Can connect ssd without expansion card

@bigsergey64 You can use a M.2 port SSD , There is an m.2 connector on the back of the board

Thanks ! I’ll try, but then the drive will be located behind the board and not inside the case!

You can connect SSD to the VIM3 directly. However, it will hang out to the side, will not fit in case. You will need to come up with a way to mount the SSD.
I connected a drive in this way, it works.

@bigsergey64 When you use SSD behind the board , you need to follow this page to setup PCIE

1 Like

Can also use Krescue to switch the port mode.

1 Like

hello I have a Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D NAND TLC drive, but I don’t see which drive you see on the system. I have firmware from SC v5.

Please link to the SC ROM you are using, I will check it tonight. Generally the drive will show up under Settings/Storage. Also shows up in apps like Total Commander. On some ROMs/firmware, it will show up in the notification bar(upper bar).

How have you secured the drive to the VIM3? Whatever the arrangement you are using, the drive must be square in the M.2 connector and parallel to the VIM3 PCB. If it is at an angle, might cause contact issues between the M.2 connector and the drive.

I do not have the model drive you have mentioned. Not all NVMe drives are compatible with all systems. The list of compatible drives is under development. I have only personally tested a Patriot Scorch 128GB drive, though some Samsung EVOs also shown to work.

3 Likes