Bypass the homescreen image or remove the wallpaper_default.png

Hallo @Terry and @Gouwa,

I tried to make my App runs after the booting is completed, however after the bootanimation finished, the display will call the homescreen or wallpaper first. Is it a way to bypass it?

Best Regards,

Doel Mann

Are you an developer? And you need to modify the source code.

Yes, I am a developer. Which source file that I have to modify? Thanks

You can disable the wallpaper service.
You can try to disable the wallpaper service by modifying the file on path device/khadas

diff --git a/kvim/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml b/kvim/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
index c1d525e..3f60e8b 100644
--- a/kvim/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
+++ b/kvim/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
@@ -94,4 +94,6 @@
     </string-array>
     <!--  Maximum number of supported users -->
     <integer name="config_multiuserMaximumUsers">2</integer>
+
+    <bool name="config_enableWallpaperService">false</bool>
 </resources>

@Terry this method does not work, the home still appear shortly (2 second) before the app started. Is there any other solution that the app can directly run without showing the home screen.

Maybe you need to take a video for that :grinning:

@Terrry ah okay, but may I have your email please? I can not put the company app video for the public. It is not release for the public yet.

@Terry or you can see this link >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CkU9L2mCo

as you can see at the time 4:33 until 4:40, it still shows the home screen before run the app. I am able to bypass this one programmatically by adding category HOME and DEFAULT in the android manifest, not detecting boot completed. This method works for small app, but for the bigger app, the booting time become 10 second longer.

So, I want to use “the boot completed detection” and run the app immediately without showing home screen. Is there anything that I can modify the source? Any suggestion? Thank you.

Did you know the android dex2oat?

Hallo Terry, I got a trick to jump to my own app without any delay… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you share your valuable experience?

1 Like

There are two steps to do so:

1. Delete the Homescreen Wallpaper file and hide the all_apps icon/button by editing the xml of it (it require the ROM BUILD)
  2. Edit the Launcher3. java and call my App directly at the onCreate function (ROM BUILD) or set the app with the “BOOT COMPLETED” without setting the “HOME and DEFAULT” category in the android.manifest, otherwise the booting will took 10 second longer.
2 Likes