Built-in WiFi Client Mode & AP Mode

Has anybody been able to get the built in VIM2 Pro WiFi working in Client Mode and AP mode simultaneously? I’ve tried it with both the 3.14 and 4.9 kernel ubuntu bionic builds and can not get it to work on either.

Using the https://github.com/oblique/create_ap script always get an “ADD/SET beacon failed” error according to dmesg.

Thanks,
Tom

Hello

I ever tried to setup on VIM1 Pro AP6255, but not test on VIM2. I hope this will help you

How do I go about performing the first two steps? DHD doesn’t provide its version number when using modinfo so I can’t tell what version I am running.

1. Update AP6255 AP+STA firmware.
  2. Update DHD driver to version 1.363.59.144.10

Thanks,
Tom

Ignore this and have a try.

I’m not having any luck. I’m able to create the interface but when I setup wlan1 to work in AP mode nothing happens. I decided to try unmanaged so I disabled the network manager and set things up using /etc/network/interfaces. I created a udev rule to create wlan1 but I can’t get that working. I can run the commands from the command line and the interface shows up in iwconfig and ifconfig but if I restart networking it fails stating wlan1 is unknown.

Regarding firmware and driver version, looking in dmesg I can see the following:
Firmware version = wl0: Mar 6 2017 10:16:06 version 9.87.51.7 (r686312) FWID 01-4dcc75d9
Dongle Host Driver, version 1.363.59.144.9 ®

udev rule:
ACTION==“add|change”, SUBSYSTEM==“ieee80211”, KERNEL==“phy0”,
RUN+="/sbin/iw phy phy0 interface add wlan1 type __ap",
RUN+="/bin/ip link set wlan1 address ac:83:f3:e5:1b:61"