Brand new fresh out of the box VIM2 dead

here is the link to Pie, it looks much better, the video is smoother

https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM2/Android/Pie/VIM2_Pie_V200624.7z

Exactly - and all the boards still going strong as well - khadas should employ me for stress testing ,:rofl:

you could sell them later, certified stress tested VIM2 :joy:
but… I think @RDFTKV should get that certification as well for trying to brick his VIMs only to be revived seconds later…

but hey you’re just regular guys trying to torture soulless VIMs as a career :rofl:

you probably should not complain, you probably already earned quite a lot, or is it just your hobby than making money?
:dollar::money_mouth_face::euro:

Don’t make much at the moment - just enough to pay for the next batch of hardware - self funding hobby!

2 Likes

Yes, I understand this is typical for PD, but Gouwa had stated this wasn’t the case with the Khadas 24w PD. BowerR64 thinks he may have damaged his VIM2 by connecting it to the Khadas 24w. Gouwa’s statement gave me cause for concern…

That my VIMs still live, is proof of the resilience of the Khadas SBCs. :grin:

Yes, A showcase of engineering skillz :muscle:
skills with a “z” to emphasize how cool that is :sunglasses:

I did not have erase all selected, what if i use BaleaEtcher?

Would etcher make a better boot image rom?

Burn tool

Etcher is for burning SD card images, eg, linux SD-USB images to SD cards or USB hard-disks, not for eMMC burning cards

it might be better to use the USB Burning Tool, it will be more reliable

yes, you’re right, these are different tools
:wink:

Yes, and I won’t really recommend Balena etcher, their software used to be great, you could burn images even in .7z, making file sizes smaller, but that got removed and Balena was suspected to be stealing the Data from their users :scream:

yes, he just made a mistake with the recording tool
:upside_down_face:

Well my board has a bad part that is blown so i cant use USB-C so how else can i update the rom if not using SD card?

Can i use USB-USB with PC or is it only USB-C to update rom?

Maybe USB-C is ok to transfer data but PC has to power VIM2 threw USB-C right?

USB-C for flashing, btw it will be a chance to test and see if the USB-C data still works with no problems

I believe that choke that blew up was just to make sure the small irregularities in power 5V(±0.1V) get smoothened out,

Just make sure to use a good power supply from now on

maybe it worked like a fuse

try to agree on a replacement, either the product itself, or through a local workshop if it was your fault.
because the following error can be a disaster for the board
I do not think it will be expensive to install the component

I plug the VIM2 to PC and it powers up threw USB-C

PC did not reconize VIM2 though, i use same cable for VIM3L and PC can see VIM3L

So i don think i should try to flash VIM2 from USB-C

What other method can i try to flash pie to VIM2?

Krescue, I guess, No other option available,
:man_shrugging:

If it is not recognized, it is permanent damage that has been done, For sure…