Boot Logo Not Working

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Android 11

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

November 23 Release

Please describe your issue below:

Im following these instructions to replace the boot logo

$ adb root
$ adb remount
$ adb push xxx.bmp /mnt/vendor/odm_ext/logo_files/bootup.bmp
$ adb shell sync
$ adb reboot

and the boot logo remains the khadas logo, ive even pulled the original bootup.bmp, scribbled over the top and re uploaded. when i pull again i can confirm its the new version however the its not changing on boot.

Post a console log of your issue below:

realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 root                                                                                         
restarting adbd as root
realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 remount                                                                                      
remount succeeded
realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 push ~/bootup_rotate_secondary.bmp /mnt/vendor/odm_ext/logo_files/bootup_rorate_secondary.bmp
/Users/xxx/bootup_rotate_secondary.bmp: 1 file pushed, 0 skipped. 357.6 MB/s (1440138 bytes in 0.004s)
realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 push ~/realwear/bootup.bmp /mnt/vendor/odm_ext/logo_files/bootup.bmp                         
/Users/xxxn/realwear/bootup.bmp: 1 file pushed, 0 skipped. 390.6 MB/s (1440138 bytes in 0.004s)
realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 shell sync                                                                                   
realwear % adb -s 35b0000203 reboot    

to add, this works for the HDMI output but not the Display Mipi output

Hello, do the pictures you modified follow this format?

Image format:
  • 16bit RGB565 (BMP)
Resolution:
  • must be less 1080P (1920×1080 px)

I used the default khadas images that were already in the device using “pull”, let me check my Mac doesn’t change the format

@xiong.zhang can you provide me some files that i can test with?

hi @xiong.zhang do you have a image i can try and push into the VIM4 to test??

Try these logos and see
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qt9fvm7GEL2wlGhJAzeQ3klz2Z68OoGM?usp=sharing

hi @xiong.zhang, i tried all three logos and the TS050 screen still shows KHADAS, can you confirm this is working on your end?

I have it reproduced here. This problem only occurs with the TS050 MIPI screen. I will let you know as soon as possible after repairing it. Sorry.

hi @xiong.zhang

any update on this?

thanks