Battery operation on Android 9

I have already recommended, see above :point_up:

@Vladimir Sorry, - I have to work with the Google translator. Therefore, there are unfortunately translation errors. Your post was not translated correctly otherwise this idea would have preferred.

Hallo! Ich denke, Sie müssen wirklich eine eigenständige Lösung verwenden

1 Like

@ Vladimir now that’s some fine German :laughing:, but now I am busy, got to go ,
Guten Tag !

1 Like

Hello, Have a look here for some ideas.
Also, every vehicle I have ever known or had has uninterrupted(not keyed) 12vdc inside the cabin. Even if none exists, it would be a simple matter to tap 12vdc from the battery.

@ThomasHH-DE Auch wir sind keine Profis, wenn es um Sprache geht, aber ich habe viele Menschen auf der ganzen Welt getroffen, besonders als ich jung war. Die einzigen deutschen Wörter, die ich kenne, sind “Guten Tag!”, “Milch” und “Schokolade”. :smile:

Dir auch einen guten Tag !

The idea … What about a power bank with passthrough charging? Would that work? Powerbank Anker PowerCore Essential

@dslthomas Yes that would work,

a good idea, just pay attention to the necessary parameters to ensure vim3 consumption
:point_up::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, but rather than saying, 12v and 2A, its better to tell wattage and minimum, Maximum Voltage :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

VIM3 will work with in the power range of 10w to 24w
and a voltage range of 5v to 12v

10w if no peripherals are attached (only keyboard and mouse)
24w if high power peripherals are attached (eg. Hard drive, SSD, USB hub etc.)

1 Like

definitely need to take into account all the parameters!

Yes, exactly,
so that we can explore all the possible methods of powering and all the possible combinations of voltage and power suiting the device :wink:

Dont they have car chargers that you plug into the cigarette lighter port and have USB jack?

I read in another thread if you power the board with more then 5v the USB ports see what ever the voltage your putting into it. Unless i misread?

So if you power the board with more then 5v your USB ports can smoke what ever you plug into em

I started a post about powering these boards and thats what other users said

Another thing is, a car is 12V but when its running its actually 14.4v to charge the car battery

Yes you are right that is with the VIN port powered over 5v, the USB-C will fry it. :upside_down_face: