Balanced output?

If you buy the balanced board why would ever not need it? otherwise buy the old board

1 Like

This looks really suspicious, converter cable “converting” 2 wires into balanced 3? I don’t believe Khadas would sell snake oil, but this is beyond my understanding.

No issue for me with buying the cable separately, I just can’t wait to get Toneboard with XLR or Toslink output (for long digital connection).

Hello, The converter cable does not appear to go from three conductors to two conductors. It is three conductors at both ends. I believe only the physical connectors are different, both are three conductor.

How is this possible? Single RCA end is unbalanced and has two conductors (inner and shield). There is no way we can have proper balanced connection from unbalanced RCA connector. They can make “pseudo balanced” connection which won’t work with longer cables. I can’t believe Khadas would release “snake oil” but who knows? They didn’t say anything about the implementation. In balanced connection ground must be separated from positive and negative wire.

If they have such a problem with XLR, why they can’t make Toslink? It has much smaller footprint and can be used for long connections like XLR.

It has three conductors on the RCA end, both plug and jack. More info here.

Enough about the cables. Where’s the DAC?

Would also be nice if the SPDIF jack was a combination connector, serving both coaxial and optical connectors.

1 Like

your right but its same possible to make for 3.5 Jack

1 Like

I am tried of waiting for XLR version. This works so far.

Yep, we designed in compatible for Tone2 Pro:

5 Likes

It would be great if it would be possible to buy the board with TOSLINK socket on the board.

Will the factory fire at AKM impede the release?

Also, is there board only/caseless version and do you you have an idea of price?

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

Tone2 is still based on ESS so we will follow up schedule.

Just check out our newsletters recently for that :wink:

1 Like

They don’t need any help to delay the release!

Thanks, where do I find the newsletter with this info in, please?

Hello! for me, the main reference point has always been the Khadas forum, there are often the most relevant news.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yep, we will also update on the Khadas Forum here :wink:

3 Likes

oh gezzz, did anyone see the specs of Tone2 yet…lol…? The design cost more. I guess I will solder an old standard XLR to Tone2 since I have a bun of XLR adapters at home. Balanced RCA is expensive new design.

https://www.khadas.com/tone2pro

https://www.khadas.com/post/introducing-the-balanced-rca-jack

Claimed-118dB THD+N? Will be interesting to see the AP tests results. Will balanced cables or XLR adapters be included?