Audiophile USB cable

A lot of hard disk drive caddy’s use USB-B. Its also standard for Printers.

Shoog

I dunno, I don’t need any cables or adapters right now :grin:, but why two adapters seems excessive ?

this is for those who want to make usb-c from usb-b and submit it to the Tone Board as in post number 1, I found only the option with two adapters
:grin:

Oh yes, such an adapter does not exist, just tried searching it, my bad, :grin:

but two adapters will become janky, Could try to make your own Adapter with some physical adapters online using,
image and This image

but all of this seems waste of making an expensive cable fitted with some cheap components

The expensive cable was a waste in the first place :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah there is no use in any expensive cable, if all its going to do burn holes in your wallet :laughing:
rather buy some reliable cheapo cable as it can get the job done.

2 Likes

Here you go, a $650 USD USB C to A cable that should meet your needs.
https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-USB-Cable-75m/dp/B07GY1QKL1

Khadas is currently equipped with an original cable!
:wink:

You picked the cheap one :slight_smile:
Longer is Better :upside_down_face:

1 Like

LOL, It it even has a zero star rating :upside_down_face:, You can Definitely can feel the the heat and smell of a burning wallet :rofl:

OMG. I just looked up the cost of Nordost Valhalla 2 Reference USB cable that Mywalsh referenced. It’s $3500 USD (per meter)!! I don’t think he/she will go for a cheap ass $800 cable!!

then it’s a mystery why the DAC was chosen for 100$ which does not correspond to the characteristics of this cable?
:man_shrugging:t3::thinking:

Yeah weird, Something feels off, Thousands of dollars for four piece of wire, they are more stingy than Apple at this rate :upside_down_face:,

Atleast they could have given a USB 3.0 Cable with C type connector but no its only 2.0 and a B type , think they can pull the wool over the eyes with fancy gold connectors, Atleast are they solid gold ?, no its just gold coated,

one would still fiddle with single sided USB A cables, is it as cool as this,

But mainly, Why would anyone what to spend this much money on a cable and not even be able to use it with a 100$ DAC

One can spend 10 to 20 $ and an Hour of time making a premium braided cable with whatever connectors they want and can have a good time out of it as well, like one of these DIY USB cable kits you can buy, https://zapcables.com/diy-kits/

I am not much of a Audiophile and enjoys any kind of nice Audio If it is clean and crisp, But I will say it might be useful for some if you can actually use the Darn cable.

1 Like

At $3500 per meter I think I might start up a cable making company - profit margins must be immense!!

lol, your profits would be in the ranges of 1000x profit margins :grinning:, you could live peacefully with ample money for living selling a piece of wire a month, seems like a pipe dream