AudioCodec Captain board

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Android

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

**Delete this line and post your answer here.**

Please describe your issue below:

1. Is it possible to organize audio output to pins LOUT/R and LOUT/L of the audiocodec ALC5651 Captain board Khadas Edge?
  2. Is it possible to organize sound reception from a microphone connected to pin IN3P of the audiocodec ALC5651 Captain board Khadas Edge?

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**

From the schematic, it can be seen that this pin is only used as a test point and has not been truly introduced. Therefore, it is not supported on the software. If you want to support it, you need to modify the software.

From the schematic, it can be seen that this pin is only used as a test point and has not been truly introduced. Therefore, it is not supported on the software. If you want to support it, you need to modify the software.

Pins LOUT/R and LOUT/L is used as a test point too. How can I organize audio output to pins LOUT/R and LOUT/L? Is it possible to change the software yourself in order to organize sound reception from a microphone connected to pin IN3P?

@DanTretyakov Sorry, I misread the pins and have revised the response above.

Is it possible to change the software yourself?

@DanTretyakov It is necessary to modify the corresponding register value of the driver to switch the corresponding channel, and hardware support is required to verify whether the modification is effective. I can only provide you with directional guidance. If you need further guidance, you can contact the sales team.

Software where registers are changed in the public domain?

@DanTretyakov

1.Just to clarify, this is just a testing point without corresponding hardware connections, and we do not have the conditions to test and verify it on our end. It has already exceeded the definition of our board.
This requires you to study the chip manual and driver yourself for modification and debugging.

2.ic datasheet:

3.ic driver: kernel/sound/soc/codecs/rt5651.c

@goenjoy, thanks o lot! Why ALC5640? On Captain board ALC 5651