Armbian for Khadas EDGE (RK3399)

Removed this option from the config file, the system began to start USB
https://github.com/khadas/linux/commit/1b80aec45530b30e6707e47c436c4ddbc0e2e2b5.

Really? I checked with USB hub connected and it bootup well. Which USB hub you use?

I use the option Defender USB hub 7 ports, with a power indicator, and the ability to connect additional power to it (additional power I do not use).

I have no idea about how CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_EEM effect this…

New version of Armbian 20181225. Updated kernel. Added the procedure for installing to eMMC. Once installed on eMMC, the system works with eMMC as a normal SSD\HDD and can perform partition operations as a normal system.

2 Likes

New ver 5.69 20190111 kernel 4.4 and kernel 5.0.0

2 Likes

@Gouwa @numbqq
You can test the sound performance on 4K TV with the latest Armbian image. I have 4K on TV in the last image no sound. But if I connect EDGE (without changing anything) to Full HD TV (1080p), the sound works. I don’t understand what the reason is for this strange behavior.

Hello @balbes150,

I checked image Armbian_5.69_Rk3399-tv_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.4.154_desktop_20190111.img.xz on a 4K TV, and the sound works well. Does your previous images sound works on a 4K TV?

1 Like

Hi @numbqq
Yes, the sound in the old worked. The LE sound also works. I’ll take care of myself.

1 Like

Figured out what the reason for the lack of sound, replaced the dtb and it worked. The next version will have the corrected dtb.

By the way, using a media script all videos in the browser, mpv and Gstreamer KODI easily goes to 4K full screen. The desktop interface does not brake even without HW acceleration. RK3399 impresses with its performance, it is a complete replacement for a modern PC (intel i5 loses EDGE for home use). My TV with 4K gives a great picture in Youtube (the only limitation is the Internet channel). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New image 20190112 fix sound for my 4K TV.

p/s/
Desktop with a resolution of 4096x2160 + browser from Youtube to full screen = work without brakes, any video is played perfectly in full screen. I am impressed with the possibilities rk3399. I now do not have only good channel in the interent (which would be more than 300Mb/s). Now i’m have to download 4K content first, then watch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New image kernel 4.4 and 5.0 20190120.

3 Likes

New image Armbian 20190306.

New image Armbian 5.77 20190321.

2 Likes

Built a new Armbian image 5.77 20190331 with PCIe NVME support (added patch and changed dtb which is used by default to edge+Captain version). Module EVO-970 now can be seen immediately in the system and can work with it as with usual drive. The speed of NVME is impressive. :slight_smile:

All components work (WiFi, BT, wired network, sound, etc.). After installing the media script - any video in full screen with any resolution up to 4K. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have an idea whether the aforementioned patch (I guess it’s this one) is also needed on other RK3399 devices combined with the EVO 970?

Alas, I am not familiar with other models and can’t say how much it is necessary for them.

Update image ver 5.78 20190412

2 Likes

New image Armbian 5.82 .

3 Likes

New image Armbian ver 5.86 .
For version kernel 5.1 NEXT added support for USB sound and WiFi.

3 Likes