AP6398S wifi RSDB features

Hi,
I’m still waiting for VIM2 board to arrive so I haven’t tested this yet. Meanwhile I’d like to know if the AP6398S can be used as a softAp generating two SSIDs, one on 2.4GHz and the other on 5GHz. If so, does anyone have some hints on how to configure this setup?

@dcm12 Sorry, it took so long to get back to you.Theoretically, it can be implemented, but the current firmware does not support it.

Sorry, I found the post recommends to run following command:

/usr/sbin/iw phy phy0 interface add wlan1 type __ap
/usr/sbin/iw phy phy0 interface add wlan2 type __ap

After this, I successfully created 2 Access Points using wlan1 and wlan2 interfaces and connected to WLAN 5GHz AP simultaneously using the wlan0 interface.

I tried to use NetworkManager and good old hostapd daemon to serve Wi-Fi APs and both worked fine.

So, it seems current Ubuntu Focal Minimai image works fine for creating dual-band Wi-Fi repeater configuration.

One important thing - I had to use same channel to connect to AP and to create AP - it’s because Wi-Fi chip can only serve 2 channels in parallel (one channel was used to serve 2.4GHz access point and another was used to serve 5GHz access point and 5GHz station connection (aka managed connection).