Annoying issues with Khadas VIM2 Max

Hello,

I have Khadas VIM2 Max about two weeks. This android TV box has interesting and good hardware, but software has a lot of issues.

I tried different ROMs from this forum, but no ROM solved all these problems.

Khadas VIM2 Max has some annoying issues:

1. VIM2 Max is loosing Ethernet connectivity if it’s left idle for couple of hours. Same issue appears with all stock ROMs (@Terry) and @superceleron ROMs.

2. Wifi Hotspot can’t be started during boot with task applications.
    How to auto start Wifi Hotspot at Android 7.1.2 boot?

3. Wifi Hotspot with WLAN/RSDB is not working at all.

4. Wifi Hotspot has no option for 5Ghz band.
    The Android 7.1.1 has no choice 5GHz Hotspot

5. Only Stock ROMs have issue with phone apps support (portrait vs landscape format). Phone apps are shown in not all TV screen. Buttons in those apps are not working.
    For example: Spotify, MusicAll, Speedtest, and etc.
    20171213_234004

6. Only Stock ROMs don’t support non-original Khadas wireless remote controls. Keyboard layout is not properly configurated.
    Wireless Air Mouse QWERTY Keyboard "ENTER" button doesn't work as "ENTER" FUNCTION

7. TV box sometimes hangs up or accidentally restarts. Possibly due to lack of CPU heatsink. Why it is not supplied with a regular box?

If these problems would be solved, this Android TV box could be perfect for me.

What are your thoughts? Do these annoying problems can be solved?

Please comment if you faced the same problems.

Best regards,

Dario

1 Like

What’s the spec of your DC adapter? basically, 5V 2A+ is recommended for VIM2.

Can you specify this with further details?

Thanks for the professional testing and feedback and new Android ROM will release this month to resolve most of the issues.

Enjoy!

Hello,

TV box sometimes hangs up or accidentally restarts. Possibly due to lack of CPU heatsink. Why it is not supplied with a regular box?

What’s the spec of your DC adapter? basically, 5V 2A+ is recommended for VIM2.

I use 5V 2A DC adapter.

Wifi Hotspot with WLAN/RSDB is not working at all.

Can you specify this with further details?

I manually enabled Wifi Hotspot with WLAN/RSDB, which can be found in Hotspot settings, but no device (Android smartphone, laptop) can find this Hotspot.

I found that regular Wifi Hotspot and Wifi Hotspot with WLAN/RSDB can’t be enabled at the same time.
Can it be the root cause why other devices can’t find any available Hotspot?

Generally talking about Hotspot bands (2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz).

Will the next ROM release have automatic band setting?
I think all smart devices must have the opportunity choose the best band according signal strength and band configuration.
I mean that both bands (2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz) should be used at the same time when Hotspot is enabled in Khadas VIM2 Max.