Android v7.1 Nougat (VIM2 Pro + vTV + Tone Board) - Multi-users

Hello All,…

We are many at home using our Khadas TV Box…

VIM2ProVtvToneBoard

everyone has their own Spottify ou Deezer account, and nobody wants others to use their account…

I’ve read that some androids versions has an option to create more than one profile on it and even a guest account…

20201122 :
Have to make a modification to the title, even if that don’t make a difference regarding the issue, but my Boards-sandwich VIM2 embeded operating system isn’t Android Pie but Android v7.1 Nougat… Sorry for the mistake…

Is the Adroid Pie Khadas VIM2 version has this possibility ?
Has anyone faced the same problem ?
Has anybody found a solution to allow many persons to uses only one Android Pie Khadas TV Box in with thier own profile ?

Have a problem with your login account?

Hello Vladimir.v.v

No, just want to know if Android Pie allows multi-users profiles, or if there is any other solution for each memeber of the familly to have his own Andoid session.

iirc, there is a setting in most android devices for one to setup multiple guest accounts to their device, it exists from android 8.1 onwards and it should be there in android 9, not sure if that feature exists on VIMs, but if it is, it should exist under, advanced > users

cheers

Hello Electr1,…

Yes, I’ve got two Sony Smartphones with Lollipop & Nougat and they both allow to configure multi-users and Guest user… My last Samsung Galaxy Note 9.0, seems not to have this option, no more than the VIM’s Android Pie…

To work around the problem, I’ve created family accounts in most application that all the familly uses, and everyone populate these with thier owns preferences… It will be good like that :wink: