Android Nougat(7.1.1) Rom Release

Android Nougat Source code are almost complete to uploading, and the instructions will be release on Khadas Docs in these days. (Just need a some days to download and check first)

1 Like

Thank you, Gouwa!
Great news!
My friends already have 7pcs Vim for their cars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1. People forget that Linus woke up one day and said. ā€œThe new version is 3.00ā€. Thatā€™s it. Usually a change in the major version digit implies a complete re-write. Which did not happend here.

Letā€™s hope the update is pre-rootedā€¦
The recovery for this device is lameā€¦

Yes, will come with pre-rooted in next build.

2 Likes

@superceleron

Whatā€™s an ATV? Not familiar in this context-- unless you mean android TV?

yes it is android tv

Yes, but i will be waiting for another build, this one are 2 unstable at the momentā€¦
I already cleaned it a bit, deodex itā€¦ but still lots of work to do!
@Gouwa can you guys bring also the the notification bar and navigation bar in the next build?!

Weā€™ve built a notification & navigation bar ROM on Android 6.0.1, but havenā€™t release.

OKay, will porting to Android Nougat also in next build.

What do you think of us doing a build automation server for people to submit github links to in order to allow for fresher builds?

Something like a semi-public jenkins box dedicated to building VIM images?

Faddat:
I think you can create a new topic with more information & details about this.

1 Like

thks :slight_smile:
i will be waiting for the pre-rooted and notification/navigation bar :slight_smile:

Yes, next build will comes with both of these, and other feedback for the community.

(Marshmallow ROM is already done, and if you need, I can upload for you.)

Hi Gouwa: Do you have a new update for the Vim Marshmallow rom? If so, could you upload it? Or is it only for restricted release? Am currently using Superceleronā€™s standard MM rom, which is very nice.

Terry built a new Marshmallow ROM weeks ago, but still havenā€™t released yet, as there isnā€™t too much changes with last version, and following are the changlog of Vim_Marshmallow_Root_170303:

update list:

1. Add the support for status bar contorl
  2. Add the Miracast support
  3. Update the Google Apps
  4. Update the Youtube application

I see. Yes, not a significant update, so I can understand why youā€™re not rushing to release it. Still hoping we might see a color space switch and maybe an HDMI hide (mask) feature one dayā€¦

No need i think my latest one is already good :slight_smile:
Im really interested now is in 7 lol i wish i had a spare pc to grab the sdkā€¦ i dont have one available now and this one dont have enough free space for the sdk and the compileā€¦ that is bigā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:
But i think some ppl may like a newer build of MM from you guys :slight_smile:

This build is awesome, no screen flicker and super vivid colors :heart_eyes:

Just installed this nougat ROM on my vim pro and I have a couple of issues, auto refresh rate change does not work when using the latest spmc. It doesnā€™t t let me access my windows shares in es file explorer and when I try and add my share as a source in spmc it says operation not allowed. I have other android devices with the same versions of spmc and es explorer that do auto refeshrate change and can also access my shares so I know it isnā€™t my content or server

which version is the spmc? I installed the ā€˜kodi-17.0-Krypton_rc3-arm64-v8a.apkā€™ , that is ok.
You can download it from this and have a test.