AltLinux (SD & USB & eMMC)

Images from AltLinux for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3

To run download the image, unpack and write to the media (SD card or USB flash drive) size 8GB or more. To configure DTB (file uEnv.ini), if previously you have not yet activated a multi-boot, activate the multi-boot (similar to how it’s done in the images Armbian and LibreELEC). Connect and power on. The system will automatically start and prompt you to perform the initial setup. After setup, the system will automatically reboot and start the system. I plan to upload 4 images with different desktops LXDE MATE XFCE ICEWM and minimal server. Details about AltLinux can be found in this wiki.

After starting the system, you need to run the command “depmod” as the user “root” (for proper activation of the use of modules).

Additional information about the system AltLinux

https://en.altlinux.org/Main_Page

3 Likes

The new version of AltLinux (Russian Linux) kernel 5.3.0. :slight_smile:

To run download the image, unpack and write to the media (SD card or USB flash drive) size 8GB or more. To configure DTB (file uEnv.ini), if previously you have not yet activated a multi-boot, activate the multi-boot (similar to how it’s done in the images Armbian and LibreELEC). Connect and power on. The system will automatically start and prompt you to perform the initial setup. After setup, the system will automatically reboot and start the system. I plan to upload 4 images with different desktops LXDE MATE XFCE ICEWM and minimal server. Details about AltLinux can be found in this wiki.

https://www.altlinux.org

3 Likes

Add image 20190902 LXDE XFCE MATE ICEWM

1 Like

I installed the latest version image 20190902 MATE, but the network does not work in dhcp or manual mode.I mention that I installed in VIM2

You have configured using the correct dtb in (uEnv.ini) ?

Yes I renamed uEnv.ini and in extlinux.conf there is something else in boot.ini, the file is “meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb”.

I checked the MATE image on VIM2. The wired network normally works, receives the address on DHCP.

After starting the system, you need to run the command “depmod” as the user “root” (for proper activation of the use of modules).

1 Like