Alternative touch display panel for VIM4

Hello everybody,
Khadas shop offers TS050 Touch Screen for VIM4.
I want to use a larger touch display i.e 10 inch to be connected to MIPI Display port and mounted on a DIY 3D printed case. I will place inside the case VIM4 board, a battery, front and rear cameras. USB ports, main HDMI out and HDMI in port, sd card slot will be extended to panel mount ports. Can you please advise which display to buy? Which brand works best?
Best Regards
Ziya

Hello @zet34

We only support 5 inch TS050 at this moment.

1 Like

Hello,
If I buy TS050 Touch Screen from khadas shop, can I attach a larger touch display to the original driver board instead of 5 inch display?
Best Regards
Ziya

Hello @zet34

The connection board may not support your larger display, you will need to have a custom driver board for your display that is compatible with it.

1 Like

@zet34 I’m curious if you got anywhere on this project. I have a similar idea, except with a 6.5in screen. It’s nominally larger than the TS050, but lrge enough enough to make it useable in touch mode for ‘fat-finger’ guys like me. A 6.5in screen would also fit in a shirt pocket, making it useable fpr coding on the run. The VIM4 port is supposedly ‘eDP’ compliant, but I’m not sure what that means re screen compatability. Right now I’m trying to use a 7in USB-C monitor (https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms8oW7S) with and Edge 2, but with the power requirements and the additional cabling/uncessesay hadware, its bulky and inconvenient.