Air mouse remote not responding

Hi Gouwa,

Received my vim2 max but my air mouse remote is not working with the box it is compatible with it but when I connect the vim2 max I get Khadas and android logo then it goes to the home screen I connect the dongle receiver but nothing the doesn’t work if its the remote or the dongle but I’ve ordered your remote hoping this will work I’m worried it could be the vim2 max I hoping it is not this I hoping you can explain why it’s not connecting

Hello, I used a Tronsmart TSM-01, no problems noted. Running latest Android official firmware. Have you tested your remote on other devices to check remote is working?

Yes I tried it on my MacBook but it didn’t work it is supposed to be compatible with android Linux macOS and windows but when I plug the dongle in the vim2 max home screen comes up there is know cursor there is nothing working at all I’m getting bit worried thinking it could be the box but it could be the dongle tell the truth I’m new to Khadas I don’t know what remote is compatible with this device I’ve been in touch with Khadas on messenger and I said do you think it could be the vim2 they said no they don’t think it is

I do not have any other air mice for testing at the moment. If you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, see if they work on your VIM2.

Quality varies widely with generic air mice. Since it also does not work on your Macbook, I would suspect it may have an issue. Just to state the obvious, make sure batteries are in good shape, or if rechargeable air mouse, fully charged.

I think I have two IR remotes that work with the VIMs. When I get home, I will insure both work and confirm here. Do you have other TV boxes? I have a Ugoos TV box, its remote is like one of the Khadas models and works fine on the VIMs. I’ll post back results later this evening(about 6 hours from now).

The batteries are brand new there rechargeable I’ve just remembered I’ve got a apple mouse which I brought years Apple don’t even do any more crossed my fingers hoping this is going to work I don’t believe it,it works it is the dongle on my air mouse remote I’ve sent it back there sending us a new one well happy it works

Good to know. Keep us posted when the replacement air mouse comes. :slight_smile:

Will do I am new to Khadas so I will probably get in touch quite a lot thanks for getting back to us