A weird copy of Khadas?

I think i wasted money, i got one of those desert boards, the more i dig around i dont think its going to work for me though.

Im gona try it though

Indeed, the good thing about Khadas is:

1. Good support, the devs read the forums and are active, there’s a decent userbase (not as big as Raspberry, ofc, but quite big) with knowledgable users that help others
  2. General purpose & lots of features. Not many boards out there have a powerful SoC (A73+A53, only Odroid N2 and an expensive rock96 board as far as I know), MIPI & CSI, updated firmware (lastest Linuxes distributions, kernels, Android…), NPU, etc. You can use them from a home server to crpyo mining, AI inferencing with the NPU…

I mean I don’t say it because we are on Khadas forum, as if I find something I dislike I’ll also say it. But to me Khadas are the most well rounded boards out there on features and support. If you (OP) need something more powerful you should wait some months as Rockchip and Amlogic both have their A76 + A55 SoCs planned to release this year.

1 Like

sounds like a no-contact boxing match between Rockchip and Amlogic :mask:
it’s probably gonna look spectacular for sure :crazy_face:

I can’t wait to see how powerful they are as the A76 is a massive performance jump vs A73 compared to the A73 was with A72 (barely the same, just more efficient). Plus AV1, both 8K60fps video playback, and supposedly double the NPU TOPs… RK3588 was supposed to launch early this year but got delayed, and Amlogic has S908X planned for Q3

@jgalt91 don’t forget the cherry on top…
The new not-yet-released Mali “Natt” GPU with the RK3588
bundled with the “who knows when proper drivers will be available” package… :upside_down_face:

There is also information that,
in the fall of 2020, the first video encoding and decoding software with support for H.266 / VVC will be published.

Yes that’s another “fun” game :laughing: