5.7x version issues

How can we solve this problem? Because when you open two pages in mozilla, the temperature reaches 80 degrees.

When I look at the chmod settings, I don’t see any strangeness. I even change the file to 777, but in vain! When you reboot the system, everything is back.

@Spikerguy @Electr1 @numbqq

I remember I once was able to give a person a dtb replacement that reduced the trip points, not sure if it applies here but its something to try I guess ? :man_shrugging:

Hello @fkaraokur @manuel-arguelles

I checked with latest fenix build mainline image, the permission is correct. and I can setup the temperature well.

$ root@Khadas:~# ll /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 26 16:57 /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

Turn on the FAN:

# echo 30000 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

Please check the image here:

2 Likes

[root@fkaraokur fkaraokur]# echo 30000 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp
bash: /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp: Permission denied

try sudo ?
sudo echo 30000 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

[fkaraokur@fkaraokur ~]$ sudo echo 30000 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp
[fkaraokur@fkaraokur ~]$ su
Password:
[root@fkaraokur fkaraokur]# sudo echo 30000 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

that’s weird,
even with root privileges it should allow the user, but this problem is only persisting with Manjaro, as seen with Numbqq’s testing, it works normally with the ubuntu/debian images, perhaps the permissions are messed up ?

Thanks @numbqq I’d take a look, for my case I’m running Manjaro and as I understand their kernel is unchanged from the original. Perhap there are differences or patches to address this issue? I’d try to check the fenix scripts. Thanks!

sudo nano /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

Edit the temp to 30000 and save it.

Are you accessing it with root?
Don’t use sudo when with root.

no I am doing it as a normal user!

Use root to edit Sys files.

I’ve also tried these. But interestingly, it happens in ubuntu, not in manjaro. I changed chmod permissions, logged in as root and tried but in vain.

Could you paste the output of uname -a?

[fkaraokur@fkaraokur ~]$ uname -a
Linux fkaraokur 5.10.5-1-MANJARO-ARM #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 12 21:01:04 +03 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I have the same behavior with that kernel, probably we should try to use the one from fenix

Hello @Spikerguy

I checked VIM3 Manjaro image, as @manuel-arguelles & @fkaraokur said, there is no write permission for /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp by default. Have you so some modifications to the kernel?

1 Like

This is on linux-vim-5.10.5 right?

I will try it out myself. I was able to edit it before but didn’t test it on 5.10.5

I tested a old version. 5.9.8-2-MANJARO-ARM