Cooing Fan Assemble Guidance

Can we expect a cooling fan kit being available soon for my khadas vim2 max ? The kit is sold out everywhere. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello! You have news about heatsink?

1 Like

yes, can be ready very soon :grin:

4 Likes

http://forum.khadas.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/ebb5fd2b6aedbb3f3e3bd8fd75c4075e8d1e8628.png

Can hardly wait to order a couple.

:slight_smile:

Hi,

and loudness of fan is?

S.

Hi Gouwa,

Good to know about this oficial cooling solution. I was hoping to know more about the launch of the product, thanks!

Edit: found in DIY Case/Housing for VIMs

I can see that this vim heatsink and fan fits perfectly but just want to confirm if this will fit inside the case provided by khadas along with the kvim1 unit?

I have added heatsink and fan to cart in aliexpress.
FanLink
Heatsink Link

While these 2 fit inside the case?
Also what about heatsink for the Ram at the back?
Can I use these?
Tiny heatsink link

Please advice as my kvim 1 running at 77•c on manjaro kde.

Hello, I think it will fit in the VIM case(acrylic case supplied with VIM), however, Original VIM fan kit was sold with a new top panel that had a hole cut for fan intake. The original heatsink had fan on the other side. A provision for intake air would need to be added.
The new heatsink is supplied with a thermal pad that engages most of the heat generating components.
I will check clearance with new HS and acrylic case tonight, will be a few hours.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Let me know if it fits so i can place an order.

Hello, I apologize about the delay. I meant to report back here.
I used parts of my VIMs’ original case pieces on a DIY case. As a result, I cannot assemble an original case to test for clearance.
Possibly @Gouwa, @tsangyoujun or others can provide the answer.

1 Like

No Problem,
I have taken the dimensions, I will check it myself.

Thanks Alot.

Checked, Depth is very cut-to-cut So might need to make a hole on top for the fan and I doubt about the heatsink height too, So will make cuts according to the area.

Thanks Anyways. Will update the images once I receive the sink and fan.

Hi Mike:
Thanks to help on the Khadas Forum and the AT me for confirmation!

Actually, both the New VIMs Heatsink and existing(original) VIMs Heatsink can work for VIM1 SBC, but just be note that the New VIMs Heatsink not suit for original VIM2 SBC.

Both works for VIM1!

Should not work, the maximum height of the bottom side have to less then 3.7MM(distance from PCB to Bottom Case) - 1.0MM(RAM height) = 2.6MM.

Have fun!

1 Like

Yes I checked that but decided to make a whole to make the heatsink pop out.

1 Like

Quite MAKER you are :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Hello,
I have received the fan and heatsink but i see the fan connector is quite small and I cant find the pin for it on Khadas vim 1

Can anyone suggest something or i have to cut the cable and connect voltage to GPIO pins?

Hello, VIM1 does not have a fan header. You will need to take power for the fan from the GPIO. While you might find an adapter for the plug that mates to the GPIO, it would be quicker IMO to just cut the cable and splice on a GPIO compatible connector.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I thought when I received the fan and saw that the connector is way too small.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

If you have Dupont connectors like the ones used with breadboards, they will work on the GPIO. Also the audio connectors, LED leads, switch leads, etc that are used for PC motherboards/cases, will also work.
Have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes dear, thanks alot for the detailed explanation :wink:

Cheers

Any timeline for 3705 cooling fan?
Currently i am using 3700 with vim3 which is always on using 3v but i think controlled fan will be much better.