Cooing Fan Assemble Guidance

Hi all!

I’ve just ordered VIM2 Pro and start reading this forum. Maybe I should do in first place :expressionless:
Is it realy necessary to install fan or radiator? If so why is not included in original package?

Don’t tell me that watcing a 1080p video and running torrent is to much for VIM2…and is calling for extra cooling?!

Regards,
Tomaz

1 Like

Heat sink for VIMs are developing:

10 Likes

Looks much nicer than the one that ive just hacked together! Standard heatsink and fan with a 20x20x10mm copper shim to go from the cpu to the outside of the case, with a couple of plastic spacers to lift the fan to the right place! Looking forward to a more integrated solution!

4 Likes

When will this new model be available?

It’s heatsink for VIM1 and VIM2, not a new model, and will be ready to sale next month.

Update: first CNC sample

15 Likes

Looks good and tidy.

This looks fantastic! I just bought a pack of heatsinks and some artic silver epoxy (arriving today) so I’m glad I checked here before making a permanent mistake!

I like you, you are great

Very nice !
When and where can I buy ?

As it’s CNC sample only, and we still need design mold for mass-production, will update further information next week or so.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Very good! Congrats!"

Home made!
Yours is very good and better then my!

Very nice! Waiting till it will move to assembly. It gives a feel like it would be ready for industrial sector. It might open for you new markets. I really like the idea - everything out of the box!

Nice one @Gouwa!
Any tests regarding how loud is the fan in normal operation?

Do you have any calculations how much will it cost?

S.

Here is my DIY cooler assembly. There is a small recovered southbridge heatsink glued to the S912 chip with locktight bolt glue. I then cut a 2" hole above this and attached a recovered 12V cooling fan from an old PCI graphics card. This is attached directly to the GPIO 5V supply so runs constantly. I used the original top plate and added small 5mm spacers between the lid and the next layer down.

Result is an absolutely quiet assembly which maintains a self reported temp of 35 Centigrade regardless of load.

2 Likes

Any update on the new CNC design and mass-production date?

1 Like

The mold is almost done, but as Chinese Spring Festival is coming, lot of factories in Shenzhen are on holiday a few days later.

We plan to launch the heatsink together with the cooling fan in early of March.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Don’t you mind if I share my DIY version of something to do with the Vim?

In russian we call it - made of shit and sticks :smile:
Surprisingly works fine, balbes150 LE indicates 42C max
(it was a box from a Firefly camera remote)

6 Likes

Nicely done. :slightly_smiling_face: