white LED flashing at start-up

@Frank you have to connect the power supply of the card to connect it to the computer in ttl via the usb?

@vlotho No.But If you use HDMI, you have to use an external power supply .Have any logo info with serical debug tools ?

@Frank nothing appears anywhere.

@vlotho OK, Can you try to burn a new firwamre to it .
The android is here https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V191122.7z
The ubuntu is here https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Ubuntu/EMMC/VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190830.7z
You can follow this page into upgrade mode.I think TST mode is the best way to do it .

Then You can follow this page to upgrade you firmware.

@Frank good, i put the image on the sd card, i manage to enter upgrade mode with the tst method and i can see the blue light but is not displayed on the screen.

@vlotho No,I think you have some misunderstandings .

1. If you put the image on the SD Card . It mean that you want boot with SD Card image. So you should use Keys Mode . TST Mode can’t do it . It just let you board into upgrade mode
  2. If you want to burn the EMMC image to you board. You don’t need a SD card . You should use burn-tools to burn it after the board which is burn into upgrade mode .
  3. If you want to burn the EMMC image . You shuld remove SD card.
  4. During the burning process, no information will be output to HDMI. At the same time, because the usb-c port burning program is used, you should unplug HDMI and plug it in after the burning is completed.

@Frank but nothing works !!!
neither keys mode nor tst mode.

it’s crazy that a single board computer is so complicated !!!
I also have a cubietruck, when I feed it and I press power, the card starts and the system with it.

I ordered a usb2 / usb-c cable to test directly on the pc, without going through the external power supply.

@vlotho You dn’t need a SD Card,because the firmware will filashing to EMMc, Can you try to re-write a new firmware to the board . you can watch it with the burning tool.If you success to re-write a firmware to the EMMc,the board in good condition.

@Franck
I finally managed to start my vim3, but with a usb2 / usb-c cable, and to change the firmware. So I think it is the PSU that is problematic, yet it is the right voltage. I do not understand very well.

Hello, A power supply can measure the proper voltage, specially when checked unloaded. The voltage could show correctly but it is possible it can’t provide that voltage at the required current(amps). Also possible the the PS fails to deliver the correct voltage under load.
I have no way if knowing of your PS is a good one, but if substituting the PS with another power source brings the VIM3 to life, could be a bad PS.
Glad you are making progress.:slightly_smiling_face:

I took this supply : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00YC1TGC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but I think my next purchase will be a khadas power supply .

I am relatively new to Power Delivery type chargers/power supplies. I don’t know what type of communication takes place between PD chargers and USB-PD-enabled devices or how universal it truly is. Maybe communication between some PD chargers and some USB-PD-enabled devices isn’t always clear and the PS outputs lower than optimum power.
This is just speculation, as I said, I don’t yet have a firm grasp of the inner workings of PD technology.