Our team decided that the old design used less fasteners and looked better overall. Here are some renders.
- Rear button holes are widened for easy pressing
- Front buttons have been changed
- Front buttons need only 1 assembly step, instead of 2 steps
- Rear panel has been reinforced with a 6mm thick “bulkhead”
- “Bulkhead” prevents the battery from rattling about
- Side panels are 4mm thick to reinforce the LCD display
- We found a new supplier that has really clear glass-like acrylic
These renders are reflective of the final product, so you can use them for reference. I decided not to photograph the actual prototype, as cleaning the transparent acrylic panels, and then keeping them clean throughout is a nightmare.
Translated into marketing-speak:
- Durable, will withstand shipping stress and daily usage
- Easy to assemble, no more fumbling about with those tiny fasteners
- Beautiful and elegant, minimum number of fasteners, clear glass-like acrylic
- All buttons and cut-outs are fat-finger proof
- Battery is securely positioned, and will not rattle
My only wish was if we could get those front buttons in a different colour other than silver…