Volumio for Khadas

Hi @Stefan
Clarify what “myVolumio” . Is it an add-on or some customization ?

Its a new cloud service from Volumio (https://volumio.org/myvolumio/) that adds premium services to the local player (Tidal and Qobuz).

Myvolumio menu appear in the standard menu when you install volumio on the sbc. From this menu you can log in to the volumio cloud and get cloud backup, cloud streaming, Tidal, etc.

If this functionality is not an additional setting (which can be performed\added in the current system), then the image needs to be rebuilt. But this question can only be answered by the developer of this function, how it is implemented.

Ok. I think it’s clear. New build with the latest source from volumio’s GitHub is needed.

3 Likes

Actually, you will not be able to build a myVolumio-supported version locally.
It can only be done when the image is built on the volumio build server.
The build scripts also need to be slightly modified, but afterwards these modifications will allow you to continue to build locally.
It just won’t have myVolumio.

In case there is enough interest, we might build a specific Volumio version this year for people who do not care about loosing the android tv box functions and use the volumio-builtin “disk copy” to copy to emmc.
It would be a community supported version with myVolumio and have support up to DSD256 for capable usb audio devices.
When sufficient hw support is available, we might be using a mainline kernel. There would not be any i2s support in that case but based on usb audio. Should be fine with TB. To be discussed…

Everything you need has long been in the main core. :slight_smile:

What login/password should I enter??

1 Like

First of all you have to enable ssh in Volumio by going to:
Volumio/dev
Or
yourVolumioIP/Dev

After that using putty log in using:
User: volumio
Pass: volumio

If you have trouble, use sudo su command before Roon install

Don’t use my tutorial it’s to old. Go to roonlabs.com and follow instructions there for easy install

Cheers,
Stefan

4 Likes

Any chance we can get a VIM3 build? Or what script parameters would be required to build an image for the VIM3 locally on my own? I’m not sure if the new cpu architecture is supported.

I can only enter one command:
$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

Roon bridge does not start

I’m using Vim1 with VIM1_Ubuntu-server-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190604. I’ve flashed Volumio 1.1 from this to my SD card and it seem good. However I cannot install to EMMC (sudo install.sh). Could you take a look?

Summary

Start copy Volumio.
Formatting SYSTEM partition…
The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.
e2fsck 1.42.12 (29-Aug-2014)
e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/system
Possibly non-existent device?
done.
Formatting DATA partition…
The file /dev/data does not exist and no size was specified.
e2fsck 1.42.12 (29-Aug-2014)
e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/data
Possibly non-existent device?
done.
Formatting BOOT partition…
mkfs.fat 3.0.27 (2014-11-12)
/dev/cache: No such file or directory
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
mount: special device /dev/system does not exist
umount: /tmp/install: not mounted
Writing new kernel image…
mount: special device /dev/cache does not exist
umount: /tmp/install: not mounted
done.
Write env bootargs

Complete copy Volumio to eMMC

Installing to eMMC only works on Android in eMMC.

1 Like

Roon Bridge armv7hf

$ curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

this command will download the script

$ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

this command will give executable attributes to the downloaded script

$ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv7hf.sh

this command will install Roon Bridge

1 Like

I (long) while ago I reported a problem with Toneboard not being initialised properly on VIM1 with Volumio, meaning after startup the device would only operate as a usb1.1 (12M) device, with all problems that come with it (poor audio quality, no DSD etc.) Only after re-connecting USB at runtime, the Toneboard operates at 480M (USB 2.0) speed.
Has anything been done in this respect, or does anyone have another solution other than dis- and re-connection?

Volumio OS developer

А драйвер блютуза присутствует в последней версии volumio для vim1 ?
hciconfig hci0 up говорит нет девайса.

Does not look that way.
The initial script I created for C2, did not have one.
And I did not see @balbes150 adding anything else for his aml9xxx… scripts

@Stefan standard support for a Roon Bridge is WIP

Hey there,
I understand this is a technical forum, and I have read through quite a few pages of this thread.

I just have 2 questions. I am looking to buy a Khadas Toneboard regardless as my desktop DAC, however I am currently using a Raspi 3b for volumio.

1. Is there an easy-ish way to install Volumio on a VIM? (Not well versed in linux, but I have played around a BIT getting things working on Raspi)

2. If I were to use the Toneboard with the VIM as a hat, and plug the toneboard into my PC via usb, would the PC override the VIM, then upon unplugging USB, audio would resume (all things being well) via the VIM?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if these questions have been answered, I did attempt to find answers myself, but was a little overwhelmed with the “debugging” you guys are doing.

Kind regards.

Scott

Check out this Tone Board Review on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xouVIENylP8

Short Answer: Yes the PC will override the VIM via the USB interface (XMOS).

1 Like