VIM4 will only boot to pre installed ubuntu

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

OOWOW and Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Official Khadas images

Please describe your issue below:

I have recently purchased a Vim4 via Amazon. Upon first booting it up, I get a single Khadas logo in the middle of the screen, which changes to six Khadas logos at the top of the screen, and then a single Khadas logo in the middle of the screen followed by an Ubuntu GUI login.

This Ubuntu installation was already present on my board — I did not install it — and the username/password khadas/khadas does not allow me to log into it.

Attempting to reboot into the built-in OOWOW installation via holding the function key and either applying new power or short-touching the reset key does not boot to OOWOW.

Burning an SD card with the OOWOW latest image from khadas, the OOWOW sd-card-upgrade image, or a generic Ubuntu image and rebooting also does not work, and only boots to this already present Ubuntu image.

I am unable to log into this Ubuntu image, and I am unable to replace it. I am unable to boot off any SD card image I have tried, nor am I able to boot into OOWOW.

What should I try next? I have already gone through both the OOWOW troubleshooting and the Vim4 troubleshooting documents.

Post a console log of your issue below:

I have no logs to show.