Vim3 stopped working

requirement for a power supply up to 12 Volts 3 Amperes, despite the fact that it worked for you

1 Like

Please verify that the VIM3 was not touching some conductive surface, for short circuit to happen :crossed_fingers:

i was holding it… i guess thats possible…

You mean 12 v, USB-C standard cannot handle that much voltage

Please note that if you used a non-standard power supply, then irreversible consequences could occur, and even despite the fact that it once worked for a short time
:frowning:

Ok, then Atleast try to flash with USB-C method please, if you were holding it by the edge of the board then no problem.

ok ill try flash it… if not i guess i have to buy a new one… Do you think they will give me discount?

Yes, I fixed the post, thanks

1 Like

ok no problem, just verify what you type, only The VIN port can Accept that kind of voltage :slightly_smiling_face:

try to flash, try also to boot into Krescue, but just if there is no LED indication, then …

They won’t give discount on damaged electronics, but if you send it back to Khadas they maybe able to fix it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

wait, if the board does not work, you can’t flash it
:thinking::grin:

@Vladimir.v.v let’s try to be a bit optimistic here :grin:
Its the only shot at trying to revive darthShana’s board

1 Like

try booting into Krescue, this is the surest way to understand!
there you immediately get to the interface with sd-card

1 Like

yes but let’s not bombard this post with suggestions, :upside_down_face:
Let them take their time and see the outcome of it first :slightly_smiling_face:

I just thought that if the board itself is not detected, then you just need to start with Krescue, it will be a more correct sequence!
:wink:

1 Like

Hmm, yes that is a valid suggestion, but trial and patience, is our only shot, let us wait… :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S they might be trying something right now, so they might have seen your post yet :grin:

1 Like

I’m just hinting that the board is working
:wink::grin:

1 Like

Hi @darthShana
You might already got some hints there, just do a summery here to figure out your issue quickly:

• Check if the Power Adapter with 12V 2A
  • Check again with a new USB-C Cable
  • Check the LED lights status & color when you power on the VIM3 device

Basically, the LED will light on if the power source is fine, or you might need to follow the instruction to check the WOL status.

Looking forward for your response.

Good day!

2 Likes