VIM3 Pro + Touch screen TS050

Welcome,

I have Khadas VIM3 Pro and connected the TS050 touch screen. Everything works, it’s fun.

I installed the image “IM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190830.7z”, when I enter the text mode (without the graphical interface) I can not change the screen orientation.

By default, the screen displays a picture with a resolution of 1920x1080, which makes it unreadable.
A few weeks trying to change the screen orientation from the vertical to the horizontal.

Can anyone help me how to change the screen to horizontal?

Try looking at a new firmware version.
I was having a display issues too and it was 98% solved with an update. Hope this helps.
FYI: I’m sure some one else will chime in too

1 Like

I have updated to the latest version (VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20191231), but I still can’t change to landscape orientation either on HDMI or on TS050 touch screen :confused:

1 Like

@Spikerguy has some experience on the VIM3+TS050+Ubuntu. Not sure if he has encountered this issue, but his experience might be helpful on this.

2 Likes

Currently they only have portrait mode for ts050 on ubuntu.

So we have to wait.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this information.

1 Like

Currently they only have portrait mode for ts050 on ubuntu.
So we have to wait.

Not yet solved?

Could you try this and see ?

It may work, but note no official support yet :frowning:

I checked it by all means :slight_smile:

I think this problem is related to the resolution set in the ts050.dtsi file (it is set as 1080x1920 (1080 horizontal 1980 vertical) I tried all the possible xrandar commands, and realized the display isn’t recognized at all it is just seen as “screen 0”

so we can’t address commands to it…

2 Likes