VIM3 GPIO's, SPI, UART, with Android 9 Pie

Thank you Terry.
May I know that after we enable SPI port at that dts file and what are next steps to have a updated bootimage in AOSP which is downloaded by repo init -u https://github.com/khadas/android_manifest.git -b khadas-vims-pie.

I have succeeded to make and got updated kvim3_linux.dtb by using fenix on Ubuntu 20.4.
But there are two things I am wondering if I am making sense.
Firstly may I know my env/setenv.sh is right for VIM3 running Android Pie?

===========================================
#VERSION: 1.0.1
#KHADAS_BOARD=VIM3
#VENDOR=Amlogic
#CHIP=A311D
#LINUX=4.9
#UBOOT=2015.01
#DISTRIBUTION=Ubuntu
#DISTRIB_RELEASE=focal
#DISTRIB_TYPE=minimal
#DISTRIB_ARCH=arm64
#INSTALL_TYPE=EMMC
===========================================

Secondly about two files fenix/build/images_upgrade-df70a352d25388eff7e25e59d0efda80ad26bf2b/Amlogic/kvim.dtb and fenix/linux/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/kvim3_linux.dtb. Are they same?

I also posted my topic on VIM3 Android P SPI device and I appreciate to have your support.

Thanks.

Fenix is only for Ubuntu, not for Android. So please use Fenix to build anything of android.

1 Like

I do not understand what’s the meaning of please use Fenix to build anything of android. Fenix serves Kernel build and AOSP have its huge build powered by a lot of GO and Android make stuff as I know.

I summarized my questions on this post currently. May I have your support to answer it?

Thank you very much.

Sorry, it’s please do not use Fenix to build anything of android

1 Like

Clear! Thank you @numbqq .

However I still need your help to answer my question on this post.

Because it got hard to understand how to update DTS file and kernel driver for Android developer when we realize the great fenix can not help AOSP.

Thanks.

Hi @Terry! I found directory spi in common/drivers in Android source code. Do I still need to add driver by myself?