VIM3 Android Pie V200917 ROM Release

Has nothing to do with strength if you watched the video. It has to do with nmea sentence parsing and getting it passed into gpsd properly… You can see in the video plenty of satellites and 3D fix please and the blinking of the satellites and speedometer reading… Something is off with this particular gnss hal as it works with no errors until there is movement but the one o linked to actually works in pie onwards on different devices.

So basically put it in your car and drive around with a ublox 7 or 9 device and try to navigate with mapping software that only gets updates maybe once a minute and you’ll see I’m no fool.

you mean whale gps hal can sovle the problem ?

It has on other devices. I was unable to get your pie code to build during my short time at home and i don’t have root on my vim3 pro or i could give you a definable answer. Rename this compiled .so to the proper name used on vim3 pi and if kernel registers ttyACM0 as the gps serial device, it does work on other devices except for the wrong GPS time reports. Whale gnss hal arm 64 bit

I may have missed the registration in the kernel log. I know the code works good enough to be usable as is if it can be integrated. Needs a little repair but useable.

@jasonl

I didn’t realize i had root, but i renamed the library to gps.amlogic.so and dropped in it and rebooted and it works, only the gps time is wrong… It’s usable now for mapping software.

/vendor/lib/hw

1 Like