VIM3 Android Pie HDMI resolution testing

Hello!!! How to choose 1280x480?

firmware 20200917 have only 800x600, 640x480, and don’t have in settings 800x480

if your monitor support 800x480 ,but don’ t have in settings ,This is caused by a mismatch between the EDID parameter and the timings parameter in the code

1 Like

@jasonl
My display has native 800x480 and we test it on your boot, but I don’t see it on new ROM.
Could you tell me please how to see full list of resolutions?

@jasonl , are you planning to support 1920x720 for automotive devices for VIM3L? etc. dashboard.

2 Likes

800x480 does not work on my display.

So I have been reading over this,
Translating into English it outlines that I MUST have all the specified items outlined to make the calculation. The datasheet for my LCD panel does not show the pixel clock so I am not sure how to complete the calculations in order to implement the change into the source code.

working with HSD123KPW1-A30

1 Like

I cant figurre it out any way I can get some help or even a video to show what to do

2 Likes

full list of resolutions are included in edid info,if the timings para in code matched edid para ,it will displayed as a supported resolution in settings

Your 800*480 is wrong, nobody can use it with their displays.

I’m also using a HSD123KPW1 and trying to get the correct resolution (1920x720) to work, without success. Would happily send over some beer-money to whomever providing a step-by-step guide.

2 Likes

I was going to see what I can figure out

I was more worried about missing some math for the pixel clocks etc but the data sheet has most the other numbers we need to complete the modification of adding the resolution

I would also like to point out the latest source code will compile a uboot/kernel combo that can get you full screen size resolutions that work but are not as pretty as 1920x720 on this screen

1 Like

I did read that document my question literally pertains to the math function of that document and how to source a missing pixel clock since its not included in my datasheet

is there a standard to use?

Also please update your zip file to include the excel sheet outlined in your PDF document. If you want an English translation I have completed that.

1 Like

Hello! Today I tried a screen resolution of 1280x480. The screen didn’t even turn on. screen CLAA088WA01XN. Please add your instructions file, add _ENC_g9tv_4k1k_4k05k.xls and G12A-HIU-Registers.docx. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello again! As I understand it, none of the khadas team will help me! Dear community, has anyone figured out how to add custom screen resolution? Anyone can answer! Thanks in advance!

hello @Alexandr in order to solve your problem ,can you send the edid info to me by input command cat sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid ,and tell me detailed info about the problem ,including how do you to switch the 1280x480 resolution

@davemf recently ,i am debugging the 800*480 resolution, it can display normally on my monitor ,in oreder to know why your 800x480 monitor can not display , i need some detailed info of your monitor and device

My monitor is https://aliexpress.ru/item/32995802666.htm with special ROM. It supports native 800x480 resolution with special ROM only.
What kind of display do you have?

https://item.jd.com/69250633976.html#crumb-wrap i will send my rom to you ,you can test your monitor

1 Like

@davemf https://mega.nz/file/DIsSGDJa#00vBn_Pls9sn8SgZpjWb09oeAZDmZrOEQGelkxv2XhA you can download to test 800x480