VIM3 and SIM7600 M2 modem on Android - how to start

Hello

I’m using VIM3 sbc with M2X extension board. I wanted to play a bit with Android system, currently on board is version 9 build VIM3_Pie_V210908.

I have a modem SIM7600G-H-M2 which is supposed to work with Android devices but… it looks like I need a stater guide to set it properly. I have RIL files for it, but I’m no even sure how to use them.

Can you recommend something?

Hello again

I’ve been reading about the modem configuration. I found out that I have to copy some files from RIL archive and modify init.rc. I got myself “termux” and “visual studio” to work with files, but I cannot paste anything into /system folder.

@jasonl, @goenjoy
Can you help?

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/system /system \n
you shoud remount system partition

I have tried it and I have received response “mount: max 2 arguments”. When I replaced “,” with “-” I got “mount: ‘/system’ not in proc/mounts”

Second option also shows up if I try it after sending “su” command.

Thank you for the idea to remount partition, I managed to remount and paste files by using:

mount -o rw,remount /
Yet, I still can’t make the modem work. Init.rc now contains at the end:

#modified by simcom
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild - l /system/lib/libreference-ril.so
class main
socket rild stream 660 root radio
socket rild - debug stream 660 radio system
#---- gps supported ??? --------------------
socket rild - gps stream 660 radio system
user root
group radio cache inet misc audio sdcard_rw
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also copied rild and libreference-ril.so (edit: libril.so too) to mentioned locations and… even after restart I don’t see any change.

Getprop init.svc.ril-daemon returned nothing like it wasn’t working. No settings for modem showed up in device settings.

Modem is connected through M.2 slot and seems powered up (green light on it).

@jasonl, @goenjoy
Any idea what might went wrong?