Vim 3 pro bootlooping/brick with coreelec 19.5

Which Khadas SBC do you use?

Vim 3 Pro

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Coreelec

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas Official Coreelec 19.5 via oowow

Please describe your issue below:

I have several vim 3 pro boards. I have been tring to get the official Coreelec 19.5 build to run on them with no sucess. The previous 19.2 matrix build runs fine on a different vim 3 pro, but that build is no longer available.

All 3 vim 3 pro boards where just purchased, all 3 booted the stock android just fine. Then I used a 64gb card and a 16gb usb with the latest image of oowow to load the 19.5 coreelec on these boards. 2 of the boards just boot-loop after the installation and even if I reload another os like android, they still boot-loop. One of the boards is bricked after the installation. No led’s turn on when power is applied and will not respond if any of the power, function, or reset buttons are pushed.

Any advise is aprpeciated since I use these boards on my HT build outs, im stuck now with several jobs backed up from this issue.

This being said, I can load the 19.5 stable build of coreelec from their site and run it off of a sd card, but I would prefer to have this an official build that is installed on the emmc onboard.

Here is a video of the aformentioned issues.

Vim 3 Pro Issues

Post a console log of your issue below:

Have you checked the power supply and cable for your VIM? I have seen many bootloop/brick issues with too low voltage/amps. Make sure you have minimum 24W USB-C.

As per the video, I am using a 60 watt usb-pd supply. I have been using these for my vim’s for years.