USB3 and WiFi Interference?

Indeed. Only the 2.4Ghz wifi connections are available. No 5Ghz.
My 5Ghz wifi network works fine with other boards. And my pc is always connected to it.

I tried my NVMe drive yesterday but it didn’t seem to detect it. I didn’t have time to investigate further. I’ll have to check with another device first.
Greetings.

I am sure that the 5GHz WiFi is work fine.All our WiFi tests used 5GHz WiFi.

And in server version that it’s same too.

khadas@Khadas:~$ nmcli d wifi list
IN-USE  SSID                          MODE   CHAN  RATE        SIGNAL  BARS  SEC
        ChinaNet-2.4G-9991            Infra  1     270 Mbit/s  100     ▂▄▆█  WPA
        VIM                           Infra  5     195 Mbit/s  100     ▂▄▆█  WPA
        --                            Infra  1     270 Mbit/s  99      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        Wesion                        Infra  7     260 Mbit/s  95      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        --                            Infra  1     270 Mbit/s  92      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        weepor666                     Infra  6     130 Mbit/s  87      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        DIRECT-RRDESKTOP-4JQO0DUmsMV  Infra  1     195 Mbit/s  84      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        Khadas                        Infra  1     270 Mbit/s  82      ▂▄▆█  WPA
        VIM_5G                        Infra  161   405 Mbit/s  79      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        dmatekNEW                     Infra  4     270 Mbit/s  74      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        HP-HOTSPOT-48-LaserJet M1218  Infra  7     54 Mbit/s   70      ▂▄▆_  -- 
        ChinaNet-xjCH                 Infra  13    270 Mbit/s  70      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        test123                       Infra  1     54 Mbit/s   69      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        Khadas_5G                     Infra  149   270 Mbit/s  69      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        ChinaNet-5G-9991              Infra  161   270 Mbit/s  69      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        HUAWEI-999C                   Infra  161   270 Mbit/s  69      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        --                            Infra  161   270 Mbit/s  69      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        wotofo001                     Infra  9     270 Mbit/s  65      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        abc                           Infra  13    270 Mbit/s  65      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        VIM3                          Infra  36    270 Mbit/s  65      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        BRGCN                         Infra  1     405 Mbit/s  60      ▂▄▆_  WPA
        TP-LINK_2.4GHz_CJWQ           Infra  6     270 Mbit/s  60      ▂▄▆_  WPA

So,I think you need to make sure that your antenna is correct or that your hardware is broken.And the router settings you need to confirm.

Becase Khadas VIM3 contains a data switch to switch the “combo interface” between PCIe and USB 3.0 . The default mode is USB 3.0 .You need to switch to NVMe,And there is the courese how to swtich NVMe.

2 Likes

Thanks for this information. Worked without issue. NVMe drive accessible on VIM3 for me now.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Frank, good to know that you were able to reproduce the issue with 2.4 GHz Wifi and USB 3.0.

I suspect it will be not easy to fix due to the close proximity of USB 3.0 and the WiFi module on the board. Nevertheless, still hoping that you will be able to solve this in a future stepping!

1 Like

@thm82 . We also hope that we can solve thsi problem.But this is a tricky proble,we will try our best to slove it.

Hi @thm82:
It’s confirmed by Khadas official that VIM3 also with issue of USB 3.0 and 2.4G Wi-Fi interference, but the 5G ac Wi-Fi is not affected and can work normally.

We will try to improve it when we design next Gen VIM in the future, for example, place the USB 3.0 interface on another side(close to USB-C).

Good day!

1 Like

Please confirm this issue. I have not yet ordered a VIM3 Pro that I had planned.
My project design requires the use of a USB3 device and wifi and BlueTooth communications all at the same time under Android O/S
Will this be possible?

Thank you

Hi @JustSumDad
It’s confirmed that the 5G AC wi-fi with issue to work with USB3.0, but fine for 2.4G Wi-Fi.

Good day!

3 Likes