USB issue on VIM3

Yes, nothing clear damage on the board anywhere. When the board has been out of the case, it has still been on spacers. But I’m quite sure now there must be something physically damaged. Somewhere in USB control circuits.

USB-C is oddly behaving also. I bought USB-C hub with USB-PD pass through. It powers board fine but nothing connected to it works. Still I can update firmware through USB-C.

I heard that the USB-C does not have support in uboot,
Maybe @Spikerguy knows why…

What mode do you have in the USB 3.0 / pci-e settings? keep in mind that if you have pci-e, then usb3.0 will not work, while usb 2.0 should work, but still pay attention to the power supply 12V 2A

Hi MikaL
From your description please confirm that :

• your VIM3 Pro works fine before connect M2X(with Quectel EM06-E LA card)

• please take 4 clear picture to show:
      • M2X Top side
      • M2X Bot side
      • VIM3 Top side
      • VIM3 Bot side
  • After connect M2X, 2 USB A all not work, also no voltage. USB C works fine.

• how you connect M2X(with Quectel EM06-E LA card)? please take a photo
    • Did you lock the screw before power on?

thanks!

2 Likes

Hello kenny. Yes, that has been the case. Always make connections secured before powering.

Also here are the pictures.

1 Like

Vladimir, I changes to PCI-e mode when connected M2X and while testing USB problems changed back to USB3.0 mode. I had BT keyboard paired to my VIM3 at that point. Then made mistake to factory reset to test if that would help.

from the photo the board looks without damage at first glance

I have been through the board with magnifying glass and can’t find anything obvious :sweat_smile: And I have come across burnt electronics. So those black marks of destruction should come flashing to eyes. And this is one of best purchases I have made

1 Like

Ok buddy, I think our area of expertise ends here, let the Khadas team tell you what can be done further…

I hope there is something that can be done. I already ordered new one. If this old one can be fixed, there is always purposes for it. This is amazing board :blush:

2 Likes

Of course it is an amazing device buddy !
:smiley:

Hi MikaL,
Thank’s for your help, haven’t found any damage at present. We need to send the board back for analysis. our colleagues will contact you later.Sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

Thank You @kenny Hope that fault can be found. And I have new board coming soon to replace this one. Order is already on ready for pickup state. And the more I read about this board the more I find things I want to test with it :blush: