Unknown sound - VIM3L

Hi
I have been working with the VIM3L and TS050 screen, but only recently re-connected the Tone Biard and started listening to music, etc.
However, I noticed a strange sound that came from the device, approximately 3 mins 10 seconds after boot up.
This is with no apps installed.
This is a problem, because if I install my audio app, and it launches, then this sound still plays, over the song, after approximately 3 minuets 10 seconds.
Do you know where this sound is coming from?
I tried to attach a video but this forum won’t allow it.

This could be the default android startup up sound. It can be modified in the android build to disable the sounds.

Ok, but I am still waiting to hear if Khadas can generate a modified Android image for me - to replace the boot up logo, the boot animation, to hide the navigation and status bars, and now - to get rid of this chime, that plays over the audio!

Hi - in the mean time, is it possible to get the source code for the image that was sent to me last month? vim3l-android-9-64bit-v230725.raw.img.xz
This is the version I have been working with.
As I said, I am running out of time to find a solution to everything.
I will look for an Android developer who might be able to modify the OS for me.
Please- this is extremely urgent.
Thanks

Hello @gar1234

@goenjoy @xiong.zhang will help you then.

Ok, thank you for your reply

The source code download document is as follows. What you need to download is the source code of android 9.0 64 bit.
https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/vim3/development/android/download-android-source-code

Hi - urgent question.
I have someone building the Android OS from the link above, and they just informed me that the build failed,
They said they are using Ubuntu 22, but they suspect you might be using Ubuntu 18 or 20.
Can you tell me which you use to build the VIM3L Android 64bit image?

Thanks

Ubuntu 18 or 22 can be compiled. Post the compilation error log and see if anyone has followed the steps in the document to pull the code and compile it.

Here is the error log:

build/make/core/base_rules.mk:426: warning: ignoring old commands for target out/target/product/kvim3/vendor/etc/init/android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service.rc' build/make/core/Makefile:28: warning: overriding commands for target out/target/product/kvim3/vendor/bin/logo_img_packer’
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/kvim3/vendor/bin/logo_img_packer’
[ 14% 1/7] build out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config
make: Entering directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ’
GEN ./Makefile

configuration written to .config

make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ’
make: Leaving directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common’
[ 28% 2/7] Instaled out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img
FAILED: out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img
/bin/bash -c “(sed -i ‘s/^#include [\"partition_./#include](file:///%22partition_./%23include) [\"partition_mbox_normal_P_64.dtsi\"/](file:///%22partition_mbox_normal_P_64.dtsi/%22/)’ common/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic//kvim3.dts; sed -i ‘s/^#include [\"firmware_./#include](file:///%22firmware_./%23include) [\"firmware_system.dtsi\"/](file:///%22firmware_system.dtsi/%22/)’ common/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic//partition_mbox_normal_P_64.dtsi; if [ -f "common/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic//kvim3.dtd" ]; then make -j6 -C common O=…/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/toolchains/gcc-linaro-6.3.1-2017.02-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu- kvim3.dtd; fi; make -j6 -C common O=…/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/toolchains/gcc-linaro-6.3.1-2017.02-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu- kvim3.dtb ) && (cp device/khadas/common/common_partition.xml out/target/product/kvim3/emmc_burn.xml ) && (./device/khadas/common/dtsi2xml.sh common/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic//partition_mbox_normal_P_64.dtsi out/target/product/kvim3/emmc_burn.xml ) && (cp -f out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/kvim3.dtb out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img ) && (if [ -n "$(find out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img -size +200k)" ]; then echo "out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img > 200k will be gziped"; mv out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img.orig && out/host/linux-x86/bin/minigzip -c out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img.orig > out/target/product/kvim3/dt.img; fi )”
make: Entering directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ’
GEN ./Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
CHK scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h
HOSTLD scripts/dtc/dtc
/usr/bin/ld: scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.o:(.bss+0x10): multiple definition of `yylloc’; scripts/dtc/dtc-lexer.lex.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.host:110: scripts/dtc/dtc] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common/scripts/Makefile.build:650: scripts/dtc] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common/Makefile:570: scripts] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/out/target/product/kvim3/obj/KERNEL_OBJ’
make: *** [Makefile:152: sub-make] Error 2
make: Leaving directory ‘/data_fast/WORKING_DIRECTORY/64bit/common’
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
08:23:13 ninja failed with: exit status 1
make: *** [build/make/core/main.mk:21: run_soong_ui] Error 1

('Command exit status/return code : ', 2)

Regarding the problem of yylloc, the following post has an introduction. You can try it.

Okay thanks - I will pass the link on

Hi

I have been provided with three different builds of the Android OS
I have provided you with the names and a view of the contents of each of the build’s files

Build 1
Name: kvim3l-fastboot-flashall
build 1

Build 2
Name: kvim3l-fastboot-image
build2

Build 3
Name: kvim3l-ota-eng

I have two questions

Question 1:
Are you able to tell, from the contents, which of these builds do I need to use for the VIM3L

Question 2:
How do I generate the required format (.raw.img.xz) from the build files

The firmware you need is the file out\target\product\kvim3l\update.img in the root directory