UEFI plans for the VIM3

i have try enable it some times ago but without success
maybe u can help to do it , will be great

itā€™s expected, the SPIFC is disabled on vim2 since it used the eMMC DS signal, so the DT must be altered in u-boot, and on vim3 it wasnā€™t added since yet not enabled on upstream linux for g12b/sm1

yes i think for vim2 just need change dtb its not big problem
but for VIM3 and VIM3L its not enough

For vim2, you can try:

and

1 Like

tnx so much !
i have it already its worksā€¦

but i still l try solve problem for VIM3 VIM3L

VIM3 needs linux support first, with DT changes, than backport to u-boot, Iā€™ll try to do this in the next few days

3 Likes

i have made SPIFC for mainline linux kernel already for VIM3 and VIM3L

u can use this my patch ( have some specific) and integrate it to mainline linux

BTW:
may be u can get something other from this patch
for example fix leds
why mainline linux led nodes used GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW ?
i think GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH its more right !

I pushed the patches I just sent on the mailing list at https://github.com/superna9999/linux/tree/amlogic/v5.7/vim3-spifc

Iā€™ll sync them to u-boot when applied to linux upstream

2 Likes

We want to add TPM(Trusted Platform Module) on VIM3 for security boot, it will need UEFI to support security boot with TPM.

Without TPM, each SOC of ARMā€™s security boot needs to be equipped with different tools(provided by SOC vendor) and develop special software just for one SOC. Switching to TPM allows different SOC platforms to use the same mechanism to develop security boot, avoiding the need to spend more effort on software development and management

2 Likes

UEFI secure boot is beeing added to mainline U-boot, adding TPM will be easy to plug in the UEFI secure boot chain and enable on the VIM boards since supported in upstream u-boot.

2 Likes