Trying to run the NPU demos, nothing works :(

Hi,
I’ve installed this image OS: VIM3_Ubuntu-server-focal_Linux-5.12_arm64_SD-USB_V1.0.5-210430.img.xz)

I’ve updated the system.

I followed the instructions there: NPU Prebuilt Demo Usage | Khadas Documentation

When I run /aml_npu_demo_binaries/inceptionv3/VIM3/run.sh. I get error while loading shared libraries: libovxlib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

With the demo ‘detect_demo_picture’, I’m missing the libge2d.so library

With the demo ‘detect_demo’, I’m missing the libamcodec.so library

Very disappointing start with the VIM3 :frowning: , what am I missing ? Wrong OS version ?

Thank you

G

@navacho2 This version of the firmware does not support NPU. If you want to use it, you can only compile it through fenix yourself. The mainline NPU driver has not yet been adapted at that time. Or you wait for our next version of the firmware, which will compile the NPU driver and library

Hi Frank, thank you. Which version of the firmware should I be using to have NPU support ?
Where is this documented ?
Thanks again

@navacho2 It’s not long before the mainline NPU is supported. For all mainline firmware that has not been released to support NPU, we will release new firmware soon.

If you want to compile it yourself, the latest code from fenix is ​​fine.

https://docs.khadas.com/linux/vim3/FenixScript.html

Use 4.9 fireware can work.

@navacho2 We have released an OTA version of the mainline, after you update, the NPU can be used