Tone2 Pro: Pre-Orders Begin 16th December @ $169.90!

Hello, a question what would be the maximum consumption of the equipment in amps? To buy a 5v linear power supply, do you recommend some linear power supply ¿?.
Sorry my english not good

Thank you

3 Likes

@Ardummy It is probably in the range of 4-5w if i presume, for this kind of device its the max it could consume,
a regular phone charging brick should work

spanish:
Probablemente esté en el rango de 4-5w, para este tipo de dispositivo es el máximo que podría consumir, un bloque de carga de teléfono normal debería funcionar

1 Like

Good morning! it is recommended to use a branded Khadas power supply to rule out any problems.

I think the user is wanting to use a linear power supply while taking advantage of the Tone2 Pro’s separate USB-C for power input, for which it was designed. The goal of which is increased fidelity.

2 Likes

I just emphasized a power brick since it is quite small and suits the power requirements, obviously its not the best thing when you need the power/signal integrity as @tsangyoujun say it has,

We designed the T2P with ultra lower noise LDOs to filter noise from the Power Source to ensure the power input even from a normal USB port of PC, the technical performance of THD+N can still reach up to 0.0001%(-118dB) on the BAL RCA.

But I still cannot recommend a LPS to you here as I thought the musical performances are that subtle, and different person might with different preferences of the audio spectrum(bass, midrange and treble).

Hope some peaple here can help you out :wink:

Good day!

3 Likes

Awesome, will definitely get this board to try out :blush:

1 Like

Is it easy to open the case? By any chance, please post the PCB top and bottom.

Do you plan sending to Audio Science Review for testing as well? That forum and this one are the biggest community for us to discuss.

Thank you

Thanks for the answer and perfect Spanish.

I fully understand your reasons, Thank you

If it’s correct, I’m looking to separate the audio from the power supply. Thank you

1 Like

Tone2 Pro 4K wallpaper, if anyone is interested. :smile:

Download: JPG, PNG

Background: Marcus Vinícius A Ribeiro

7 Likes

Cool, I get a Audiophile vibe coming from it :smile:

1 Like

Yes, it looks great!:+1:
I downloaded :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That view of the new cable connector in the foreground is very revealing, shows great detail. Looks like a high-quality piece. Very nice.

3 Likes

When we say Khadas, we mean quality!
:point_up::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes it has 3 different segments, the outer is ground, the middle is -, and the inner is +.

That’s a balanced RCA plug. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware, I have followed the new balanced connector since Khadas made it public. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

WOW! The cyberpunk style is great! :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! :grinning: