Tidal, Qobuz , possible without volumia?

Hello Khadas, is Tidal, Qobuz, spotify , possible to install without use of volumia?
and directly to use with Tidal or spotify app?

is the I2s output on the pcb board possible for I2s input on external da converters?
and plays 24 bits on this i2s / HDMI output?

thank you very much for the help

regards
Den

Welcome @denvd1
if you plan to use Android on your device, you can install those respective apps as you music streaming service, volumio is just a firmware dedicated to Audio playback, there is nothing that confines those app to it…

to use the the sound output between I2S GPIO pins or HDMI output with your own external device, you will need to switch the Audio output from within the device settings, hope it helps

Cheers

Hi Electr1
thank you! :wink:
but i believe on Android the output is limited in bitrate?

regards
Den

@denvd1 it is an android specific thing, bit rate changes depending on the app environment iirc

Hello! if you have the main Android OS, as far as I know all these APKs exist. No, it does not limit the bitrate. Good luck!

Hi Vladimir and electr1 ,
ok looks very promising , :wink:

then it is a nice streamer for music … i will try it!

thanks !!

2 Likes

Hi,

to be exact, Android or the device can limit it to 48kHz on it’s own outputs, and on my Android smartphones and MiBox S, the Tidal app doesn’t recognize the Tone2 Pro.
But there’s no bitrate limit, and if I use USB Audio Player Pro on all my Android devices, they see the Tone2 Pro perfectly and send the raw stream to the Tone2 Pro, with no limit on samplerate and bitrate.

Hi, try the HibyMusic application for android devices, only you will need to make changes in the settings of the program itself.

How to enable audio output through the DAC amplifier in HiBy Music player on Android…

“Exclusive access to HQ sound on your device”

Also, in the “UAT connection mode” item, put a tick in the “Connection quality” item in order for the sound to be output with the maximum resolution of your audio card.