Run detect_demo with yolov2 or yolov3

Hi, Frank.

The results of my trials using a USB-C cable is following,

1. VIM3_Ubuntu-server-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9-20200530.img ==> not booted.

2. VIM3_Ubuntu-server-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20191231.img ==> not booted.

3. VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9-20200530.img ==> not booted.

4. VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20191231.img ==> not booted.

5. VIM3_Ubuntu-server-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190830 (the old version) ==> boot OK
    As you know, the old version has some errors at "sudo apt-get install -y gstreamer-aml libplayer-aml opencv3”.

What shall I do to solve this problem? Frank. I need your help plz.

Oh dear :hushed:, that’s a lot flashing,
Why doesn’t the device work with those many 4.9 ROMS,

have you tried flashing the device with the “erase all” option enabled, Maybe try that and see, I have had this problem when I had installed ubuntu on my board for trials and wanted to go back to android but it didn’t work,

try the erase all option enabled and flash the latest GNOME 4.9 image and tell me,

Good day!

specify, is your board determined by Usb Burning Tool?
if so, is there a 100% loading?

Does the burning tool show 100% success ?

I have test it just now . It work fine.

Thank you for your help.

I enabled the “erase all” option and flashed the latest GNOME 4.9 image on VIM3 pro board.
But the result is similar to the previous one. Not booted…

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Good day^^

Are you sure?, it definitely should have worked, try using Krescue in an SD card for flashing see how it goes there…

Hi, Frank.

I tell you all flashing procedures of my trial as follows,

1. Used USB_Burn_Tool_V2.2.0 for Windows 10.
  2. Imported image : VIM3_Ubuntu-server-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9-20200530.img
  3. Connected my VIM3 to Windows 10 PC with a USB-C data cable and then, in “Upgrade mode”, I checked the “Connect Success”
  4. enabled the option “Erase all” and Start burning image.
  5. I saw “100% success” showed in Burn_tool’s Status window.
  6. Pulled out the device and then click “Stop”.

Is there any different thing between my procedures and yours?

Frank, I have a question. Maybe, HDMI cable, is it possible to be a cause of booting problem?

but you say that another image is normally visible?

Hi, Vladimir

Right!..the old version of image booted normally.^^

Hello, snake9981

as you already understood, it is unlikely that the problem is in HDMI

try on a different monitor, maybe something with a resolution

@snake9981 how are you so sure that it has not booted? , other than no display, what was the status LED showing, white blinking etc. ? did you have anything like that,
were you able to SSH into the device ?

I tried on a different monitor and It didn’t work.
The server images are Ubuntu without GUI, so booting prompt is text only…

I am not sure that my vim3 has not booted, how do I check it?
I was not able to SSH into the device, And there is nothing unusual except for blinking white LED.

Does the router see a connection with vim3?

I don’t know what you said. Could you tell me more in detail? What do I do to connect with vim3 board?

connect the Internet via vim3 cable, and go to the router settings and see if there is a connection

What does your setup consist of?
a blinking led in 4.9 kernel is a good sign, it means it has started booting,
have you connected it over ethernet, login to your router settings and find the connnected devices, see if the VIM3 appears as “KHADAS” there

Hi, Frank and all buddies.

At last, I was succeeded in booting the lastest Ubuntu image on 4K monitor. It had already booted but couldn’t display on the HD monitor except for the 4K monitor.

Thank you for your helps.
Regards,

1 Like