[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie "Normal" Debug Build v8 20211122

nice one, looks nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I restore your launcher?

Can I use dual boot mode when this ROM is installed on eMMC? Iā€™ve installed another ROM on my SD card, but Iā€™m not managing to boot from SD card now. Thanks

Hello, Yes you can. What OS do you have on SD card?
You will need to activate multi-boot again. The procedure to do thatā€¦
1.) With the VIM3 powered but off, insert the microSD card in to the VIM3ā€™s card slot.
2.) Press and hold the power button, do not release it.
3.) While holding the power button, press the reset button for 2 seconds
4.) Continue to hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release it.
The VIM3 will reboot and several seconds later the VIM3 will boot to the OS on the card.
The steps above only need to be done once. After that, to boot to eMMC OS remove the card. Insert card to boot to the cardā€™s OS.

3 Likes

dear superceleron! it will be good if you make such a script for our vim3, thanks! :+1:
#!/system/bin/sh

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

echo 2 > /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto

echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/error_recovery_mode

busybox mount -o remount,rw /
busybox mkdir /mnt/temp
busybox chmod 1777 /mnt/temp
busybox mount -rw -t tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/temp
busybox mount -o remount,ro /

while [ ā€œā€getprop dev.bootcomplete != ā€œ1ā€ ] ; do sleep 1; done

Remove Status bar

settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*

Remove Navigation bar

#settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*

Remove Both

settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

Disable

#settings put global тю null*

what should get better! 1.Auto Frame rate system StageFright,
2. Noise reduction that blur the picture, that is, a filter that improves the clarity of the video.
3. Enabling Auto Frame rate in channels for HLS.
4.Connecting the / Temp folder / permission to write to this folder and transfer caching to the Temp folder.
5. Cleaning up / down status bar. If you want to see the status of the bar, move the mouse and it appears automatically. And also automatically cleans up, when playing a video does not interfere.

1 Like

almost all you ask is thereā€¦

nr2 just edit build.prop in vendor partitionā€¦
the other 2 they already in there nothing you need to do.
But i will also add them to build.prop in vendor partition in next version!
the status bar all is in there alsoā€¦
The drop down menu of status bar will be there in next build!

1 Like

i mean is already in build.prop in vendor partition, if you want to change it from 1 to 0 just edit it, use adb shell to do all of course!
I dont think this will ever be added to ā€œstockā€ build!
As the name say, stock isā€¦ stock.

1 Like

Hi.
Superceleron, why you donā€™t wanna root your fimwares? Many people donā€™t wanna use your firmwares wuthout autoframerate like AFRD? It wonā€™t work without root.

You make great firmwares. And maybe you know my youtube channel TECHNOZON. If you will root it, i will say about donate to you))) People waiting. i know that. They are writting to me a lot of letters about AFRD on Khadas.

2 Likes

i simple dont like it, since 80% of the users are no tech wise and they fux things up and blame the rom when is their sh*tā€¦
Anyway dont worry about afrd, it will be there in next build and no root needed to workā€¦ :wink:
Just read my ā€œ[ROM] Generic SC MultiWiFi S905x2 Pie ATV 20191004 Fixā€ thread in FT, read all posts and you see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

donā€™t over complicate it, just wait for next version!
TWRP will be there(but magisk still broken, nothing i can about that one), AFRD will be there and workingā€¦

5 Likes

Hello! thanks, and shumodav disable echo 0> / sys / module / di / parameters / nr2_en? for me this is the most important !!!:grin::speak_no_evil: sorry)

Great rom @superceleron - nice and smooth.

Please could you add back in the Playback Settings option as referenced here: https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07/29/khadas-vim3-amlogic-a311d-benchmarks-system-info-in-android-9-0/#vim3-android-settings-system-information ?

This is so auto frame rate display switching can be usable through kodi, as currently it only shows your current resolution as an option for whitelisting.
Thanks

1 Like

Ye i know i removed it since wont do anything anywayā€¦
Dont worry, auto frame switch will be there in next build, im just on holidays for 2 weeks so no work at allā€¦ i need some time off this, doing other stuff i left behind( like taking care of the car etcā€¦)

3 Likes

Ah no worries man :slight_smile: enjoy your break. I look forward to the new release.

3 Likes

Dear guys, superceleron,

Iā€™m newbie, just flashed Final v2 to my new Vim3, board boots without any problems - but the screen layout seems ā€œunfamiliarā€ to mee (like Windows tiles, and I donā€™t know what is Puffin TV). I would like to kindly ask you - is it possible to have the same layout as Iā€™ve seen everywhere around for Android TV? (the same from the Robertā€™s Beta test of this firmware? - https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s922x/778578-vim-3-a331d-android-tv-beta)

Thank you guys for your time & patience. All the best, Tomas

1 Like

Hello, superceleron has an ATV ROM for the VIM3, why not use it?

1 Like

Puffin TV is a web browser especially done do TVā€™s and remotes.
On the layout, See @RDFTKV reply above.

1 Like

Thank you guys, everything works fine now

1 Like

Well just a heads up to you guys, afrd is now working and lots of other changes i did in the time i was on holidaysā€¦
But the 1Āŗ build to come out from me with all this new changes are the VIM3L rom, then i will do VIM3 and VIM1 in this order!

5 Likes