[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie "Normal" Debug Build v8 20211122

I didn’t notice anything like this, I use " ScriptManager "

On other firmware (devices) where there is support for init.d at the kernel level - no problems

well i simple do not like it, i used in the past in many of other roms… some ppl do not know how to use it and then bug my head… so from that time on i never released again a rom with init.d support in the kernel.
If anyone wants it just use regular init.d support in the RC startup scripts, they work just fine and do all you want.
Also one is userdebug and the other is user build that means more work for me since i need to “disable” it in user build.

i don’t mind of course :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, I think Superceleron is doing everything possible!

@superceleron I have been using your ROM for a few days now and it has been great…thank you for making it available to the community! One request that I’d like to make is for you to consider implementing GPS into the location services portion of the ROM. I have a simple USB GPS puck that I’d like to use on my VIM3 Pro in my car setup, and as it stands right now, I can’t seem to figure out how to get it activated. Thanks again and thanks in advance for possibly considering this feature.

well the gps is missing in the sdk so there is another way to enable it, search the forum i think i saw something that does that.
Also if you pull the top bar down just like phones you will see the gps icon there, try to enable it there!

2 Likes

Please manage tone khadas in the following assemblies.

Can you please make Krescue images for vim3.

Hidden Interactive Notification bar with pull down option would be most helpful.

Thanks dude , you are a Superdude

hmm i will think about krescue img my mega account its getting filled up…
what you mean to be hidden and when pull down it shows? hmm i do not like that much of that one.
I think is better to auto hide like it is now, but anyway i will also think about that one :slight_smile:

Dear Superceleron, I have a question for you; your firmware supports the M.2 memory slot. I tried different memory but the system does not see the disk, although it is marked up and formatted with another device!

Hello, I will be flashing this image tonight. In superceleron’s previous builds the M.2 slot has worked.
Assuming you have switched the USB3/PCIe switch to PCIe. Krescue can also be used to set the port mode.

Also only NVMe M.2 drives can be used, M.2 SATA drives are not supported on the VIM3.

Do you have a problem on all images, or only on this image?

I have a Squarehome 1.93 unlock.
But it cannot be installed to this IMG.
Could it be because there is no permission to replace the built-in SH or the built-in SH version number is higher?
How do I replace it?

well i do not know if the unlocked squarehome can be installed on top of the non-unlocked version…
If it cant then only editing the img or if you are debug build, use adb to change it manually.

remove the old SquareHome in the Debug assembly, and install the new SquareHome. good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seems complicated.
So, can you consider building an IMG without SH in the next version? :百胜:

It’s too complicated, I can’t do it.

do you have a debug build?

may not help,tails can stay

1 Like

i can’t do that mate :frowning: i need a launcher to be present all time in the build!

1 Like

nothing complicated, through sdmaid remove this application as a system! verified!
before this, you can temporarily put another launcher, then delete*
I just went into the drive through the curtain and set it again, generally without a launcher)

2 Likes