[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie ATV Debug v5 20211119

Hi superceleron, i have been having a issue with youtube tv on the v4.1 user rom, where i get the error code 16: 80RR 8C53 5YXM. At first i thought it may have been a drm issue with selinux being permissive on the v4 rom, but updating to v4.1 didn’t resolve it. I also checked if it was an issue with resolution, but still got an error. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

edit: after further research, i figured out that the playback issue im having is due to the widevine drm level not being sufficient for playback, needs L1, and needs the rom to be certified on the device by google for it to work. im sorry for disturbing you with this issue superceleron.

Hi, I’m new here in this world! Has a step by step to install this Android TV on khadas VIM 3? I’m searching but I did not found how! No video, no text, has anyone a tutorial to install this version?

Tks!

Safest method is, take a free sdcard 8gb +….

Use rufus or etcher to flash krescue.sd latest from dl.khadas.com…… find it….

Then insert card and boot vim and 3 press function key. It will boot to sdcard krescue. From there, connect to wifi, then start wizard mode and when you go to its list, you will see this ATV rom in it. Krescue will auto downlod and install it for you. After it ends successfully, just unplug the sdcard card and reboot. Enjoy ATV.

Tks so much! I will try. In addition, is there any advantage to using hd for android tv? It would fit more applications using an HD nvme. Could you tell me?

I’m not using any hdd or nvme so cant tell…. For applications, the internal memory seems enough for me. I will keep movies however on an external USB or ssd…

1 Like

I just used this image to setup my VIM3 for an ATV system, I installed netflix and found that my remote did not work in the netflix app?? it works in all other aspects of the system, kodi etc.

Just wondering if there is something I can do maybe?

I am using a BT remote, it is from an Nvidia Shield TV.

Thanx

Well the netflix that is in the build is the phone version so you need a mouse or airmouse remote to mimic the touches on screen just like a phone.
I cant use the AndroidTV version of the netflix app, it only works on true certified androidTV OS’s.
Well i can make the ATV app work, kinda… it has some issues but it means hacking the app and im not doing public releases of it.

1 Like

ok, I understand, thank you!

1 Like

Many thanks for that rom.
But I have some bug.
Sometimes the home screen disappeared when I exit from an app with “home” button pressed.

And one more thing…
How I can extract the app for fan control for use it like stand alone app?

Hi, glad you like it.
On your problem, well that is a know problem and very old.
Its a side affect of AOSP converted to ATV, no fix at the moment! :frowning:
About fan control, you cant extract it since is part of the settings app that is part of the OS, so you cant make it standalone.
Maybe khadas team someday do a standalone version!

:cry:
It’s there any temporary solution for black screen?
Only reboot?

nop :frowning: reboot is needed…

1 Like

Dear superceleron
Many thanks for your very best atv image v 4.1 . I have use for a few day., I like this image very much.
But I have try to close sound when press remote to select menu and sub menu and I can not close this sound (when press remote to select menu and sub menu)
Could you advice me , How to close it.
Many Thanks.

Update coming…

5 Likes

wow that’s pretty cool :slightly_smiling_face:

Updated 1º post.
From now on i will only supply DEBUG builds, i do not have the time to also do the user builds.
To many builds to manage and i really do not have the time for it.
Sorry!

2 Likes

Hi SuperCeleron

Where can I download " VIM3 Pie ATV Debug v5 20211119 " AOSP Code ?

I have follow google web “참조 보드 사용  |  Android 오픈소스 프로젝트  |  Android Open Source Project
to repo android AOSP code.
Does this is a Android AOSP code ?

ex:
repo init -u platform/manifest - Git at Google -b master

make TARGET_USE_TABLET_LAUNCHER=false TARGET_VIM3=true -j24

TARGET_USE_TABLET_LAUNCHER=true : Use tablet launcher instead of Android TV launcher

it’s work.
use compile option →
make TARGET_USE_TABLET_LAUNCHER=false TARGET_VIM3=true -j24

Sorry mate this is base on Khadas android 9 sdk that you can get from their github.
I used it as base for my work.