[ROM] SC VIM2 Pie “Normal” Debug/User Builds v2.0 20210313/15

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
Many thks to Khadas for sending me the device to play
Ok guys im going to write the max i remember i did on sdk… i can’t remember all of it!
Build from Latest source.
Debug Build ( i might do in the future a rls build with my own keys )
I also added my layout(in zip format in internal storage) for squarehome3, is not hard to import it.

IF YOU HAVE TO MANY ISSUES IN THE BUILD AFTER FLASH EVEN IF THE FLASH WENT OK, JUST REFLASH AGAIN THE IMG BECAUSE YOU GOT A BAD FLASH EVEN IF IT SAID IT WAS OK.

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build : This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn’t show before, (EX: my isp android live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there’s lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there…

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there…, but of course you will lose the above…

READ RECOMMENDATIONS BELLOW!!!

IF YOU HAVE TO MANY ISSUES IN THE BUILD AFTER FLASH EVEN IF THE FLASH WENT OK, JUST REFLASH AGAIN THE IMG BECAUSE YOU GOT A BAD FLASH EVEN IF IT SAID IT WAS OK.

Changelog v2.0:

• Used latest sdk.
  • Added a new setting to side settings(not available in ATV since is not needed), find it out!
  • Status bar and navigation bar are now always show as default.
  • Added “Picture” to “Advanced Settings” (Read Recommendations bellow)
  • Fixed screenshot button in navigation bar.
  • Fixed white settings bt devices, no longer crashes.
  • Added dovi!
  • Some cleaning etc…
  • And lots of other stuff, i can’t remember now all the changes, check it out by yourselves.

Recommendations:

• I do recommend if you guys have issues playing some Dolby Digital audio, to go to “settings->Device Preferences->Sound”, and in there in “Select formats” set it to “Manual:Select which formats to use”, and them just manually enable all formats.
  • This is because there is an few issues how the sdk detects the formats being used in some videos with Dolby Digital audio, remember this will not mean you will have DTS-HD support or even Dolby Atmos, since the required libs are not there to have that support!
  • I also recommend on both builds to disable the “DNR” and also play with the “Picture Mode”, for that go to “settings->Advanced Settings->Picture”.

Bugs?:

• No TWRP at the moment.
  • Of course there is bugs… there always be bugs…

Want to buy me a beer?

Download SC v2.0 IMG’s:

OLD Build’s IMG’s:

Install instructions:

• Use usb burning tool 2.2.0 to burn the IMG.
  • More information on how to put the device in flash mode refer to khadas wiki!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

зачем мне она нужна без платы DTV

Видимо она была не для вас ,а если серьёзно ,то вам нужно смотреть в сторону официальной прошивки в этом плане ,а там она ещё а тестовом режиме.

обещал 7 андроид поправить. кинул . девятку пилит. так и бросит недопилиную

Аа,ну значит я точно не ошибся

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the icons are not showing for the upper status bar I’ve installed the Android userdebug version the Wi-Fi and Ethernet icons these are not showing is there a way that I can see them in upper status bar and I noticed that copy and paste doesn’t work and the scrolling doesn’t work properly before I had nougat 7 root and that was working excellent the launcher I had on there was nova launcher didn’t have no problems at all

[ROM] SC VIM2 Pie “Normal” Debug/User Builds v1.0

I noticed that System UI tuner doesn’t work some options do but others don’t like Ethernet icon and network is this a option permanently turned off because I can’t find away to turn them on plus I noticed that copy and paste doesn’t work properly and noticed downloading apps took quite a while it kept on crashing the vim2 scrolling that doesn’t work properly I noticed I couldn’t get nova launcher prime to work properly options like drag and drop overall i like it I’m these will get fixed.

1 Like

Updated 1º post with v2.0.

1 Like

Pretty good image, a lot of small things fixed comparing to the stock Pie image. Possibility to turn off Amlogic Dynamic Noise Reduction.
Thank you, @superseleron, for your effort!

Is it possible somehow to keep SPDIF audio working, after turning off a TV?
For example: start Spotify, turn off the TV.
I have TV connected to VIM2 via HDMI and an amplifier (SMSL AD18) is connected via SPDIF to VIM2. Once I turn the TV off audio stops.

Problems/questions (also observed on the stock Pie ROM):

1. Sound via USB (SMSL AD18) is cracking from time to time. Cracking became often when interacting with the VIM2 (opening apps, walking through the menus). There is no such issue with SPDIF. USB audio allows to turn the TV off and keep the music playing.
  2. Bluetooth headphones (Oneplus Bullets Wireless Z) disconnects every 2…3 min. (This headphones perfectly works with 3 other devices).

Hi, hmm i think you using the dtv addon card for SPDIF, if you are the support for that addon card right now is not very good.
I will see what i can do but no promises, since i do not use SPDIF or have anything that uses it.
But normally turning the tv off does not affect the SPDIF, i think that one might be related to your amplifier that when you turn off the tv it might auto turn off also the SPDIF input.
But not sure here… like i said i never used SPDIF!

1º don’t know much about usb audio, i do not have a way of testing it, but normally cracking in the audio means a latency problem, not a easy thing to debug.
2º now that i can try since i also have BT headphones, normally that happens when the driver goes to “sleep” mode, or it can also be the driver crashing and restarting the bt service again, i will have a look but if its a driver issue… its stuck until a newer sdk comes with an updated one(rare…).

As you know s912 devices are pretty much dead, so the support for them at this moment is not that good.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer.
Regarding SPDIF, I use Any Luck with SPIDF/Coax? - #19 by nemoforum SPDIF output that is present on the board, especially pins 13 (SPDIF) and 14 (GND) see VIM2 GPIO Pinout | Khadas Documentation .
I suppose, SPDIF output somehow depends on HDMI. The amplifier is not connected to the TV.

USB audio cracking really looks like latency/delays because of CPU load or low priority of the audio process.

BT issue looks like a driver crash, as for me.

The mentioned issues are not critical and there are workarounds (like don’t turn the TV off and just turn off the display; use wired headphones and so on). I just tried to use VIM2 on 100% =)

Yes, I’m aware that s912 support is EOL. And I’m thinking about buying a new board. Just not decided would it be Amlogic or may be Rockchip (because of better Linux support).

ye i have seen that yours do not have hdmi connection.
I think as is hard coded right now if no hdmi signal is present, it simple disables the SPDIF.
A deep change might be needed for it to work another way.
Did you try to disable CEC in your tv and then try it? CEC do send a signal to the box saying that the tv is going to turn off, and that might disable the SPDIF.
It might work!
On the BT side, i still did not had the time to try it with my headphones… busy as hell here!
As soon as i try it, i will let you know… but i really suspect is the driver crashing.

3 Likes

Hi,

firstly thank you for your work in providing these excellent firmwares. I have an early version vim2 max(64gb), which I upgraded to the khadas pie firmware but I had issues with power, e.g. the remote would not turn on the device and in sleep mode it kept turning on and off. RDFTKV on the forum suggested I try your rom. I burned the ATV version (SC_VIM2_USER_ATV-v2.0-20210313) which fixed the remote on issue but the sleep problem is still an issue, screen turns off but fan and usb remain powered. I can live with no sleep mode but the problem I have now is the device won’t turn off. Changing the power key definition to shutdown only seems to cause the vim to restart instead I.e it turns off for a second then back on. If I set an off timer or use the power button on the vim2 its self, it turns off as usual and remains off.

Thanks for any help.

Hmm i do not have a early vim2, i think is revision v1.1.
Anyway my rom as sleep disabled by default, i thought this was the way must ppl wanted.
On the powerbutton issue, did you go to setup and configure it?
Is in Settings->Advanced Settings->Powerkey definition, you have 3 options in there, restart, sleep and shutdown.
Also if you long press the power button on the remote you get a menu on the right side for you to choose its action at the moment(its not to config it, is just for that moment).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I had to dig the board out of its case to check the version and the heat sink was in the way but I’m pretty sure it says v1.2.

Yep, I had already changed the “Settings->Advanced Settings->Powerkey definition” to shutdown. It behaves exactly the same way as when set to restart. i.e. Whether Powerkey definition setting is set to shutdown or restart the vim still shuts down/(turns off) for a couple of seconds and then turns back on and boots back up.

I tested the long press method and choosing shutdown this way does turn the device off reliably.

Thanks again.

hmm interesting issue.
Well try this, on your TV try disabling CEC and then try again to see if it helps.