Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
Many thks to Khadas for sending me the device to play
Ok guys im going to write the max i remember i did on sdk… i can’t remember all of it!
Build from Latest source.
Debug Build ( i might do in the future a rls build with my own keys )
I also added my layout(in zip format in internal storage) for squarehome3, is not hard to import it.
IF YOU HAVE TO MANY ISSUES IN THE BUILD AFTER FLASH EVEN IF THE FLASH WENT OK, JUST REFLASH AGAIN THE IMG BECAUSE YOU GOT A BAD FLASH EVEN IF IT SAID IT WAS OK.
Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:
User Build : This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn’t show before, (EX: my isp android live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there’s lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there…
UserDebug Build: This build does have root, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there…, but of course you will lose the above…
- Used latest SDK
- Hybrid status/navigation bar (hybrid means part khadas part my work to make a nice navigation bar)
- Added power button to navigation bar
- Added screenshot button to navigation bar (read bug section on this one)
- Fixed status bar pull down menu, where it looked “weird” and out of alignment.
- Selinux fixes
- Added Reboot to another OS or can also be used to reboot to TWRP if you do not have any sdcard or usb stick with other OS connected, LONG PRESS POWER BUTTON ON THE REMOTE ( DEBUG Build Only )
- Google Webview is now default, plz let me know if you find any issues and i switch back to AOSP webview.
- Fan control works just fine in my VIM2.
- Added support for many Gamepads, and i mean really many. ( Kernel Drivers )
- Fixed crash in “Display Settings->More settings->Memory” panel.
- Fixed weird looking and missing panels and icons in some apps.
- Added AFRD app(Debug only), and is working fine. ( Many thks to its creator/s )
- Custom Root (Only on userdebug build, well this is a userdebug build doh… lol)
- Enabled write/delete to external storages without asking for permission.
- Reduced time from 5s to 1s of notifications auto dismiss.
- Reduced the time mouse icon stays on screen.
- Some changes to the kernel kernel.
- Removed some “Null” pop ups
- Some additions and fixes to settings provider
- Modified DroidSettings, “More Settings” now calls white settings.
- Modified TVSettings, added “Display” to menu to call DroidSettings
- Added White Settings(regular android settings), and fixed lots of stuff
- Added squarelauncher3 and also added my layout to internal storage so you guys can import it from there if you like my layout of course!
- Double click home brings up Recent Apps in Grid View…
- Added many KL’s for many keyboards, gamepads and remotes.
- Added Provision.
- Added AndroidTV screensaver, by default will start in 1h… you can change that in settings.
- Added AndroidTV remote control
- Added some apps. ( not many since i dont like to add to much crap in my roms )
- Compilation done with optimizations.
- Changed system and vendor partitions size.
- Optimized lots of stuff.
- Gapps Nano, build from source already odexed from compile for a faster boot.
- Some small fixes to systemui.
- Some other minor tweaks.
- I know there are more… i but i can’t remember now, keeping a good log is not my strong at least when is not for my work place, lol…
- Screenshot button in navigation bar only shows after you go to settings and hide it and show it again.
- No TWRP at the moment.
- Blank screen if you use with DTV board, you can leave it connected but you need to power the vim from the USB-C plug, that will leave the DTV board disabled.
- Of course there is bugs… there always be bugs…
Want to buy me a beer?
Download SC v1.0 IMG:
- Use usb burning tool 2.2.0 to burn the IMG.
- More information on how to put the device in flash mode refer to khadas wiki!
THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!