[ROM] Khadas VIM2 - SCV3 Beta ("Normal" Android)

Hi superceleron

Did you get a chance to test it, because I need to know if it’s the OS or if the remote is faulty so I can return it and get another remote. Many Thanks!

No sorry i still dint had the time, i will see if i have tomorrow!

Thank you for having a look, also can you check the power button on the remote it restarts the OS but I would like it to shutdown OS only. I have also set shutdown in powerkey definition in settings but it still restarts. much appreciated.

Hello, I am running SCV3 Beta(Normal Android). I have the remote pictured below(except mine is orange, same remote). Power key default is short press to sleep, long press to bring up power dialog window.

All Powerkey definition settings work as expected, except shutdown. As you have experienced, when set to shutdown, the VIM2 powers off briefly, then reboots.

Long pressing the Recent apps button(between the volume buttons) switches to mouse mode. Long press again returns to normal.

Thks @RDFTKV for checking it out :wink:

Hi RDFTKV

I have the standard remote pictured below everything you mentioned works but shutdown doesn’t work same as you.

Long pressing, double clicking or short pressing dedicated mouse button doesn’t bring up the mouse I have tried everything.

Please could anybody else who has got the same remote as me and using the same ROM confirm if they have the same problem, as I am not sure if I should return the remote within the 14 days return policy. Many Thanks.

hoo that remote, i dont have it so i bet is missing some keys functions in my rom!

Is there anyway to find and add those key functions. Its only the mouse button and the power button shutdown that doesn’t work. Every other button work so far as I know.

Yes, sorry I don’t have a remote like that.

Hope you get it going.

Hi superceleron

I want to use your ROM with all the customisation and enhancements, please could you help me fix this remote issue if not then I would have try it with the normal android firmware.

Sorry i need that remote to work.
I can do a kl but is not the same thing…

Where can i find firmware for http://www.chinaprice.es/tvbox/12431/khadas-vim2

Hello, VIM2 firmwares can be found in Khadas docs.
SCV3 firmwares found in this threads original post.

@superceleron…when should we expect android tv(oreo )for vim2. Thanks in advance

sorry the late reply, hmm maybe i need to see since oreo on s912 is very unstable!

1 Like

What about improvements n bug fixes to current version

Well do dont have much free time this days to do updates to all my roms, what i sad i know!
But is life!
I do plan to update it in a near future i just dont know when!

5 Likes

Vim2 is kinda dead no updates while other are getting which is sad cuz a ton of ppl have vim2 not not other models

What is the update you’re looking for?