Powering VIM4 with a Power Bank

Could I just plug in a power bank like this one?

Do I understand correctly that if the power bank supports PD it should just work?

Is there anything else I need to know? Anything that could go wrong? Can you recommend a specific model of power bank?

Thanks!

Hello @smeikx

The suggest voltage of PD adaptor is 12V, please make sure your power bank can output 12V.

1 Like

I power my VIM4 with a Pine Power, and found it to to be very sensitive to input from both the 12v source, and the quality/resistance of USB-C cable employed.

The 5v Anker linked will definitely not work. A good resource for choosing a 12v powerbank is linked here:

— Jeremiah

Thank you for your input!

I decided to try a Green Cell GC PowerPlay20 and did not have any problems so far powering my VIM4: Booting into Ubuntu an Android, doing some web browsing worked well.

The relevant specs from the product page (emphasis added by me):

USB-C2 PD: 5-9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (Max 18W); USB-A1 Ultra Charge USB: 5-9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (Max 18W); USB-A2 Ultra Charge USB: 5-9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (Max 18W)

I am sure other models work as well, but this is now one confirmed option. If I should discover any problems, maybe with heavier workloads, I will update this thread accordingly.

Thanks again!