Power needs for VIM4…

hi all… I’ve got a VIM4 on order but was not able to get the Khadas power supply (USB-C)… I ordered, at the time, a no-name wall USB-C wall charger that conforms to PD3.0/QC3.0 specs… Is that sufficient to power this once it arrives?

The power output from this wall charger (5V⎓3A 9V⎓3A 12V⎓2.5A 15V⎓2A 20V⎓1.5A (30W MAX)) is equal or slightly higher amp rated over the official Khadas supply… I just wanted to check while I’m waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Thanks!

should be fine as it has similar specs to one I have that works OK

Thanks!! I should have it in the mail tomorrow to start playing with it.

One question I’m curious about — maybe someone knows. I’ve got an older LG display (model# 22MD4KA) that connects to a computer (usually a Mac) using the USB-C port only — no HDMI, no DisplayPort, no nothing but the USB-C port which provides up to 150W of power to power most computers easily.

I’m thinking I might be able to plug the VIM4 into the USB-C port on the monitor and have it not only powered but also to provide a display as well — all with a single cable. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, the USB C connected only supports power in and OTG functionality.

https://forum.khadas.com/t/external-display-with-usb-c/16436

Thanks! At least that’s ruled out… thank you for your assistance!